The Cadets - 2014

I love the alterations to the corps proper!

It's cool how when we apply restrictions to our creative process (ie keeping the west point style uniform), it makes us that much more creative. Really digging the color palette they've selected... the olive may not totally jive with the maroon, but we'll have to see it on the field. The olive may also blend too much with the field... but green has worked in shows before. I'm sure it'll be great!

I read the blurb on FB about how they came up with the colors, patterns etc. The pattern on each uni is an enlarged "style of stitch" and textiles that were used during that era and colors also synonymous with the particular time. Union Blue-Lincoln...

What do you think of the show now? This is a really good drum corps (early) and they will only get better. Cadets are in a very good position considering all the additions that are planned. I'm going to sit back and enjoy this one because it could be one of their best.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I'm thinking if they can figure out a way to get the trumpets up on the stage during Burlesque and the snares up there during a solo they will be in good position. Seems like visually they are in a much better place than last year and musically they are once again very strong. If they can pull some good ge out of the show they will be a tough and balanced competitor.

Cadets had fixed their guard pr

Yep, there guard is excellent this year. Several notches up from 2013 as is the visual in general. That really pulled them down last year a lot. Of course, everyone around them may be better too so we'll have to watch as the season progresses but I think they'll do nicely.

What do you think of the show now? This is a really good drum corps (early) and they will only get better. Cadets are in a very good position considering all the additions that are planned. I'm going to sit back and enjoy this one because it could be one of their best.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Apparently I must still be watching a different show because as of right now, I am not feeling it at all. I just don't think it's challenging enough for Cadets standards. I hope I don't sound like I'm bashing them. You all know I'm a Cadets borg drone, but I am still not feeling this show as of now (although the drumline is freakin fantastic).

Edited by 2000Cadet

Apparently I must still be watching a different show because as of right now, I am not feeling it at all. I just don't think it's challenging enough for Cadets standards. I hope I don't sound like I'm bashing them. You all know I'm a Cadets borg drone, but I am still not feeling this show as of now (although the drumline is freakin fantastic).

I'm not sure the running around the field at 220 bpm the entire show works anymore. This is a smarter design, very effective and they should be more competitive. I've watched the broadcast a million times and the show has grown on me to the point that it's my fav in several years. They'll embellish it as the season progresses and they get judges feedback but an emotional powerhouse it is.

Anyone know what the source material for the narration is?

Most of the narration is either taken directly from Lincoln Portrait or it's modeled around that and other things. I have to believe that Disney's Hall of Presidents was used as a model, or at least it provided a backdrop for how they designed the show. Find a recording of Lincoln Portrait by Aaron Copland with James Earl Jones narrating. It's a wonderful orchestral piece.

• Like 1