The Cadets - 2014

:dancin:

OMG! Hilarity has ensued in this thread. Cheese pics...outstanding!

Yeah, the US Capitol in a POTUS show... Not the brightest idea...

I guess there's no decent pictures of the White House.

Oh, wait!

The hell is RAMD???

May you forever be haunted by the Burracle!

Watching this show, and I'm cringing at the design and much of the message, even though these kids are AMAZING. Too bad the design is choking their potential.

Patriotism, ultimately, ends up supporting militarism, and glorification of a military that doesn't know when to stop, in a patriotic show, ends up being as heavy handed and ham handed as the military of an imperial power.

So it's absolutely fitting that we have all this grotesque excess in this show.

The new flaggy thing on the stage reminds me of the "Mission Accomplished" banner on the aircraft carrier with Bush speaking in 2003.

I anxiously await 2015, and hope that this design staff never again, ever, goes this route.

America, when we're at our best, aren't celebrating ourselves and deluding ourselves about the glory of power and might. We're at our best when we're humble, hard at work, creative, and just.

• Like 1

The hell is RAMD???

The old Forums in the 90s were called RAMD - Rec Arts Marching Drumcorps.

And the we're filled with vitriol, just like this has become...:(

• Like 1

The old Forums in the 90s were called RAMD - Rec Arts Marching Drumcorps.

And the we're filled with vitriol, just like this has become...:(

Don't let it bother you. Society as a whole has become slobs behind computers critiquing the world. I just wish I was at the movies watching instead of reading these idiot's comments trying to get a feel for what's going on.

Don't let it bother you. Society as a whole has become slobs behind computers critiquing the world. I just wish I was at the movies watching instead of reading these idiot's comments trying to get a feel for what's going on.

We wish you were, too. Cadets march like monsters. I think the show would be slightly more enjoyable without the narration addition. People will like what people will like. Chill.

I'm surprised 2000Cadet doesn't know RAMD! I guess I'm getting old when it seems like that was just yesterday.

Hell I only found out about DCP in 2006.

Hell I only found out about DCP in 2006.

Interestingly, George Hopkins informed me about DCP. Can't remember the year, but it was at a preseason concert that Cadets of Bergen County attended in Harrisburg, PA, sometime int 90's. Maybe 1995 or so? He gave a shout-out to Drum Corps Planet, and I thought "woah, what's that? Must find out!"