The Cadets - 2014

They're sitting in second place because the talent level and commitment from the KIDS is gold medal worthy. They're just being held back by deeply misguided design.

Over the last 10+ years, I venture to say that no corps has limited a championship-caliber group of kids more than this staff with their sometimes flabbergastingly artless design decisions.

That's why I started the Crowdsourcing Show Design thread. To avoid another November of doomed design decisions.

hmmmm not trying to be combative with you BUT got a question...why are all the great designers on the wrong side of the field..hmmm

Edited by GUARDLING

Not for me. Like anything, it can be used well, or not. IMO most of the corps are using it well this year, inc The Cadets.

Absolutely agree.

Not for me. Like anything, it can be used well, or not. IMO most of the corps are using it well this year, inc The Cadets.

Colts doesn't work for me this year. I think because there's just so much of it and when I saw the show live in SA I couldn't make out a single word of it, so the entire effect they were going for was lost.

happens all the time..NO ONE, no corps will keep something in if its going to hurt them I do know this 1st hand

Not true. I've spoken to directors FIRST 1st hand (so take that) that have kept things in because of the expense. It is true that corps have removed such props, but I also know of cases where they haven't.

Now . . . IF these tarps had dropped the Cadets down to third or fourth and there was a direct correlation, I think MAYBE that would embolden Hopkins to ditch them. BUT, they didn't, in which case I suspect they will stay through finals . . . sad to say.

american-flag-cross.jpg

Maybe the Cadets are really doing a more subversive show than Boston.... :poke:

• Like 2

Not true. I've spoken to directors FIRST 1st hand (so take that) that have kept things in because of the expense. It is true that corps have removed such props, but I also know of cases where they haven't.

Now . . . IF these tarps had dropped the Cadets down to third or fourth and there was a direct correlation, I think MAYBE that would embolden Hopkins to ditch them. BUT, they didn't, in which case I suspect they will stay through finals . . . sad to say.

well I actually work with a finalists and believe me it would go. But now you are cheery picking how many spots it would take to get rid of something....lol..gotcha!

I think the overall crowd reaction is what will drive their opinion, not reading postings of a few cynics on DCP. They had a very nice reaction at Rutgers.

The two Americana shows received two different reactions last night. The Troopers received a standing O at their company front which lasted till the end of the show. The Cadets received nothing until the very end and in my opinion it was tepid. The design staff pulled out all the stops with this laughable attempt to woo people to their feet and I actually think it was counter productive.

Yuck!

BTW: I resent the label of being a cynic. A critic...maybe...but I'm not cynical and neither are a number of other people who think the end of the Cadets show is filled with tripe.

• Like 1