Lucas oil stadium

Bring it back to the West Coast! Put it in the new Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara. Right by the airport, and the Amtrak line.

Drum corps is dead. I don't think I want to audition

Anymore.

Well, someone with a more open mind will probably take your spot in line to audition.

• Like 5

I'll be auditioning in 2015. By then, I

See a completely different activity.

Dude, it won't be so different from 2014 or 2013. I marched my first season in 2013 with a smaller corps with a smaller tour with not so great equipment, etc. etc. and I still had the time of my life. An occasional horn or trombone solo here and there wouldn't have changed that and it definitely won't in the next few years. By the time you and I age out, the new instruments might be more prevalent, they might not, but the experience will still be very similar, if not the same. Go for it, you won't regret it.

Some people have said that today's shows are designed to be heard best in an enclosed stadium. If the finals venue moves from Indianapolis, are arrangers still capable of creating shows that sound best outdoors?

i would be very surprised to ever see it elsewhere.

and that venue, and any other enclosed one is 2nd on my list of I don't care to go to again locations, just below Rochester NY

Sad, because there seems to be a large consensus that a large number, perhaps the majority, of seats at Lucas Oil have much poorer acoustics than in outdoor venues. Certainly at the only Finals I attended (in 2012), the sound in my $125 seat was lousy compared to every other show I've been to where the price was half as much or less.

Well, someone with a more open mind will probably take your spot in line to audition.

Bring it back to the West Coast! Put it in the new Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara. Right by the airport, and the Amtrak line.

There's a good chance then that you will not hear the corps warming up.

Edited by Ghost