colts.......

ok just wonderin' since you mentioned zydeco.

ya never know I guess.....yeah the tin man theme was certainly ( like this ) a different side of OZ and pretty cool.....key can be NOT to be so literal....or true to the story we all know ( thats the cool part...for me anyway )....im sure it will be cool BUT debated...lol...what isnt I guess

Edited by GUARDLING

Question though, will they be passing out joints in the audience so that everything lines up correctly?

Hm. No tour stops in Washington or Colorado.

You'll obviously need to get a medical card in the states where they're available. :-P

Edited by ChuckH

Not a HUGE fan of the Colts, but i do love Wizard of Oz and Pink Floyd. I also love thething with the album lining up with the movie, so I'm sure I will love this show! Very Excited.

If they can do a decent trumpet solo to that, I'll give them all my money.

I was thinking more like full ensemble - not a solo.

They are on somewhat dangerous ground. Clare Torry's vocals are iconic (she did it in only 2 takes BTW, pretty much of making it up as she went); she set the bar so high that it will be difficult for any vocalist to come close. I have seen 1 Pink Floyd (professional) tribute band that hit it, and several more that did not. The last thing the Colts need is for someone to 'miss it by [-------------] that much ($0.02 to Maxwell Smart)' on semi-finals night. Remember when Crown did the 'Rent' vocals some years past? I only saw it in the theatre, and perhaps it was just an off night, but the consensus was 'uggggh'...

On the other hand, if they do it well it is hello finals.

• 3 months later...

They made Great Gig into a trio with a girl singing and two screaming trumpets. Together the three of them make some sweet harmonies you should really check out their show!

I was thinking more like full ensemble - not a solo.

They are on somewhat dangerous ground. Clare Torry's vocals are iconic (she did it in only 2 takes BTW, pretty much of making it up as she went); she set the bar so high that it will be difficult for any vocalist to come close. I have seen 1 Pink Floyd (professional) tribute band that hit it, and several more that did not. The last thing the Colts need is for someone to 'miss it by [-------------] that much ($0.02 to Maxwell Smart)' on semi-finals night. Remember when Crown did the 'Rent' vocals some years past? I only saw it in the theatre, and perhaps it was just an off night, but the consensus was 'uggggh'...

On the other hand, if they do it well it is hello finals.

I thought she did it in one take. I remember watching the making of the Dark Side of the Moon DVD and she thought her first take was horrible but the band loved it.

• Like 1

I love the Colts show, but the judges aren't showing them any love. They are almost last place in world class. A lot of people are talking about the narrative being too much? Is that the problem or do you think it needs a lot of cleaning? I had hopes of them getting in the top twelve after hearing and seeing show. Is there even a chance now?

• Like 1