colts.......

Question though, will they be passing out joints in the audience so that everything lines up correctly?

Not in Colorado... most of the auidience there will probably be all set in this regard.

The show seems to rely on the narration to tie the thematic elements together, but the narration itself is simply not loud enough or distinct enough to understand up in the stands. He's talking sometimes over musical elements that are fairly intricate or loud enough that he can't be heard over them.

I was with a very occasional fan last night in Madison, and she agreed that musically, it was one of the stronger shows out there. But she was confused as to the Wizard of Oz elements, and not being able to hear the linking narration only added to the confusion. Either dump it or fix it by finding only the right moments to have him speaking, and cutting the text back.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 1

I am rather disappointed in this show with the Colts. It has so much potential, and they have really messed it up. The narration is way too much, at times the narrator is actually screaming into the mic, which is coming out extremely annoying. The first 80 seconds of the show are going nowhere, until the first hit. At that point the show becomes close to great. They really need to shorten that first segment of narration. WAY too much talking. It would be different if the melody was building, but it is more backup to the talking. Another issue is the singing in Great Gig In The Sky. I never thought I would have a comment along this line, but they really need to add another 30 seconds to that vocal solo, if you are going to do it at all. They cut right as they are hitting the best part of that song. Any Floyd fan who knows that song well, is going to be majorly disappointed with it ending right before the money notes(not to be confused with the song called Money) Maybe the girl doesn't have the range to hit those power notes, or maybe that is going to be a late season change to add to musical GE scores? But please Colts, find a way to add the next 30-40 seconds of that song...PLEASE

Musically I really enjoy most of this show. I have seen many high school bands perform Pink Floyd, and am excited to see a corps bring this to the field. But this whole show reminds me so much of a weakened version of Cadets 2006 show(I thought you might like some tea, but where are we, they all have their own little things that they like) with the narration. Again, I wouldn't completely put them out of the top 12, but I believe if they don't make some major changes, they could be looking at 15-17th place this year. And the issues with the mic problems, if I am not mistaken, isn't this about the first time that Colts have had narration in their shows? If so, this is probably the reason why they are having mic issues. It does take time to work out issues. I just wish they would eliminate the narration entirely. I don't really see the words tying any of the music together all that well. And if it does, why not try the readers digest condensed version?

It is still early season, and I can't wait to see what changes they could add to this show to make it an amazing show.

• Like 2

I chatted with one of the members last night and she said it just wasn't happening on the field, yet. Too many little problems, which I did not see as a spectator. They will pull it together and timing is everything. I love the little guard girl who seems to be an admin. asst. to the scarecrow, and constantly makes fun of him behind his back. Priceless!

I also loved the guard girl touch!

I think the story is great... the beginning made me uncomfortable but once I realized that he'd killed off the other characters before this show takes place, my interest was piqued. I'm a sucker for a dark show.

I saw the show on FN and I think this could be an enjoyable show, but I'm not sure it will be competitive... yet. I think there needs to be some resolution to the set up by the end; if you have the character, utilize him to his full potential.

• Like 1

Not a HUGE fan of the Colts, but i do love Wizard of Oz and Pink Floyd. I also love thething with the album lining up with the movie, so I'm sure I will love this show! Very Excited.

Colts timing lining up well with Pink Floyd recent announcement yesterday:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/06/pink-floyd-new-album-the-endless-river_n_5561346.html?1404656923&utm_hp_ref=entertainment

Saw it in Michigan City, massive PA problems. We could not hear most the singing or the narration. Only heard a little when the corps was soft. Have no clue what they were saying so major staff fail

The up-side, it was a good show, the music was good, the corps really popped and I’m guessing it was better without the narration because it looked like he talked a lot

• Like 1

Saw it in Michigan City, massive PA problems. We could not hear most the singing or the narration. Only heard a little when the corps was soft. Have no clue what they were saying so major staff fail

The up-side, it was a good show, the music was good, the corps really popped and Im guessing it was better without the narration because it looked like he talked a lot

Evidently, the staff has been working hard on this because they had a great performance in Dixon last night. I thought narration volume was a nice mix against the music last night.

so someone asked a marcher on the internet about the narrator. I felt like some people would find the answer interesting.

"Yes he is the scarecrow and it’s kinda hard to understand unless you listen to some of the subtle cues in the narration.
Such as “I took the lion out in battle with a superior brain, broke the tin mans heart telling him Dorothy loved only me” and hopefully we will be getting him into a slightly more scarecrowish costume soon that includes his suit with straw"

• Like 1