Carolina Crown 2014

Looks like someone isn't very good at keeping secrets. So much for respecting the corps' wishes.

Good grief. Crown and their supporters are the most paranoid about this of any corps in the last decade.

Mike

• Like 7

Good grief. Crown and their supporters are the most paranoid about this of any corps in the last decade.

Mike

Again, it's about respect. It's interesting to me how other corps are usually able to keep things under wraps until they go public yet for some reason, that seems to almost never be the case with Crown.

Mike

In keeping with the space theme, maybe they should have titled the show "Blue Harvest" during the winter to throw everyone off the scent. :silly:

Agreed, though. Some of these corps and their supporters take these things far too seriously. It's after Memorial Day and they're rehearsing outside in public. Stuff is gonna get out, whether it coincides with their "wishes" or not. And I'm sure the folks running Crown know and understand this. Some of their supporters, however, need to get a grip. Nobody's being asked to sign any waivers or take any oaths here. It's a freaking drum corps show, not nucelar missile codes for crying out loud.

• Like 3

In keeping with the space theme, maybe they should have titled the show "Blue Harvest" during the winter to throw everyone off the scent. :silly:

Agreed, though. Some of these corps and their supporters take these things far too seriously. It's after Memorial Day and they're rehearsing outside in public. Stuff is gonna get out, whether it coincides with their "wishes" or not. And I'm sure the folks running Crown know and understand this. Some of their supporters, however, need to get a grip. Nobody's being asked to sign any waivers or take any oaths here. It's a freaking drum corps show, not nucelar missile codes for crying out loud.

If what you're saying were true, then they wouldn't have asked me not to post any pics or videos when they saw me recording. You can attempt to justify it any way you please. Wrong is wrong. If Crown wanted everyone to know about the trampolines or switching horns, they would have released it in one of the videos or DM logs.

Next year's show concept...

Compartmentalization

Each member will rehearse their own part of the show in undisclosed locations around the country. The parts they're assigned to play may be somewhat redacted (selected notes missing, etc.) giving the performers an incomplete idea of what they're playing, and they won't know the show's theme is or the visual design aside from their own drill moves, poses, etc.

Eventually, right before the start of the season, the ensemble will be brought together.

Edited by ChuckH

Next year's show concept...

Compartmentalization

Each member will rehearse their own part of the show in undisclosed locations around the country. The parts they're assigned to play may be somewhat redacted (selected notes missing, etc.) giving the performers an incomplete idea of what they're playing, and they won't know the show's theme is or the visual design aside from their own drill moves, poses, etc.

Eventually, right before the start of the season, the ensemble will be brought together.

I don't think this is too far from the truth. Someone said in another thread that Crossmen's members didn't know the show title or show design until their camp at the end of April. Isn't that unnecessary and taking things a little too far? Imagine how much effort was needed to pull that off - couldn't that energy have been redirected elsewhere?

Looks like someone isn't very good at keeping secrets. So much for respecting the corps' wishes.

LOL. You realize that by posting this you just confirmed the "secret"? You're every bit as culpable. Had you simply ignored it no one would have been the wiser. Sadly - or from my perspective, hilariously - this pattern repeats itself year after year with Crown.

You ask why Crown cannot keep things under wraps? It's because they are very, very, very bad at it. The show was leaked on this very forum months ago and Crown supporters did the very same thing that you did, confirming the leak and then drawing attention to it through a series of petulant, whining posts. FFS, in this very thread you had people posting lyrics to Space Oddity before the show was announced. Crown tries to keep things secret for way too long. Once you've announced the show to kids/staff/volunteers it will come out soon.

• Like 4