Controversy in WGI and DCI

Many of you are saying that I have not seen the Fantasia 2002 Kama Sutra show; that is again one of many, many erroneous assumptions on the part of DCP posters. Yes, I did see the performance. Yes it was done in a graceful, artistic, athletic, rhythmic, well performed, and refined way. But the show design was not a non-sequitur to the show title; much of the movements were implied, innuendo, very suggestive, and in line with the subject matter of Kama Sutra. Serious question for those of you defending subject matter, like a book on sexual positions, as being ‘appropriate’ as long as it is done in a graceful, artistic, athletic, rhythmic, well performed, and refined way:

With the exception of the opening few seconds, the following fits ‘all’ of the criteria you have set forth; and it is not blocked by youtube for those under 18 so according to the caretakers of youtube it ‘must’ be appropriate for those under 18. And since you have set forth the criteria for the movement in a WGI performance has to be done in a graceful, artistic, athletic, rhythmic, well performed, and refined way, the following therefore must also be appropriate movement for a WGI guard as long as it fits the show theme; Correct? link

Edited by Stu

Then if you flip over to Europe, it's usually the opposite. Nudity is okay if done right, but violence will tack on a higher rating

Just reminded me of watching "28 Days" on DVD. Early in the movie you have a head to toe shot of the male lead lying on his back on a hospital bed. About the time you think "what's across his hips" you realize not a ##### thing. :wow:

Or taking a trip to England mid 1990s and watching a TV discussion on why the BBS is allowing (anagram of hits) to be broadcast.

Other lands, other cultures....

BACK ON TOPIC:

Love to hear what the DCP Intelligentsia have to say about POC 2010 "Summer of Love".

My first thought was "You bunch of hipsters, get off my lawn, go get a job and don't go near my car because I don't want to see any scratches on the paint."

Seriously, anything POC does is just incredible including this show. Was that Herbert from Crown in the guard?

Speaking of PoC, this is one of my favourite. So well done. (Herbert's there).

http://youtu.be/FbFF8O7-n4I

I don't think a show like this could be done in DCI, but then again, the medium to do so is a lot different on a football field than a gym floor.

Or taking a trip to England mid 1990s and watching a TV discussion on why the BBS is allowing (anagram of hits) to be broadcast.

Other lands, other cultures....

Have you ever seen an episode of "Little Britain?" You said it....."Other lands, other cultures...."

Wasn't there some WGI show in the early 2000s that said like "90% of females are closet whores" or something along those lines?

Well, this was stated on page three on this thread by you, and another poster confirmed that this did occur right after you brought it up, and on this very thread too. It was your comment here that took us then into the discussion realm of what is appropriate themes and messaging for children so its all YOUR fault (.. haha) for dragging me into a discussion on themes and shows I never even saw. So as such, we can't discuss this as despite another poster claiming it occured, its verboten now to discuss themes, or messaging in shows we never saw or heard. ( at least I think that is what at least one of my fellow DCP'ers is pleading with in his caps with us for now anyway.)

Edited by BRASSO

one of their best shows and loved . Thanks for reminding me of that one. loved seeing it again and in person it was freakin electric!!!!!!!!

we sat 3 rows from the floor and one of the kids in my guard got a flower (from jimmy no less) :-)

i agree about the crowd reaction -- electric was understatement! (but I don't know a better word)

DCP is spiraling down awfully fast. It really doesn't matter what you actually write in your post anymore. A number of posters will just pull a few words out and head down the rabbit hole with them. It's kind of sad actually. I find myself coming here less and less frequently.

:thumbs-up:

With the exception of the opening few seconds, the following fits ‘all’ of the criteria you have set forth; and it is not blocked by youtube for those under 18 so according to the caretakers of youtube it ‘must’ be appropriate for those under 18. And since you have set forth the criteria for the movement in a WGI performance has to be done in a graceful, artistic, athletic, rhythmic, well performed, and refined way, the following therefore must also be appropriate movement for a WGI guard as long as it fits the show theme; Correct? link

I really just don't get it.

This is not comparing apples to apples. This is comparing apples to coffee tables......

• Like 5

we sat 3 rows from the floor and one of the kids in my guard got a flower (from jimmy no less) :-)

i agree about the crowd reaction -- electric was understatement! (but I don't know a better word)

it be honest. I loved many of their shows and others but there was something about this show that was so well done in all ways.