Controversy in WGI and DCI

Yeah, that's what I meant; and I hear ya as far as succumb to temptation. Some days are awesome, some days I get drug down...

stay off them. ( unless you meant " dragged down" or some such )

Edited by BRASSO

When a poster gets on here and says that there is a limit to what they would find as acceptable and crosses over to what they consider as objectionable, and their line is different than mine, that is fine with me. We can discuss those different lines. But when a supposed open-minded person, who claims to be tolerant of other opinions, jumps in and calls their line ‘acceptable’ and my line as Fox News Religious Right Closed Minded Judgmental Behavior; well that is a different matter.

When a poster gets on here and says that there is a limit to what they would find as acceptable and crosses over to what they consider as objectionable, and their line is different than mine, that is fine with me. We can discuss those different lines. But when a supposed open-minded person, who claims to be tolerant of other opinions, jumps in and calls their line ‘acceptable’ and my line as Fox News Religious Right Closed Minded Judgmental Behavior; well that is a different matter.

you dont discuss anything stu..you preach. Oh and TWIST EVERYTHING

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

, men dressing up as women has been a stage staple since before the time of Shakespeare.

And of course as most of us here will recall from our schooling, boys played all the female roles in Shakespeare's plays in Elizabethan England. (Women were forbidden to perform in theatre ).

Edited by BRASSO

Had to wiki it..... Reading that parts of the episodes had to be editted out when it was "promoted" to the more conservative BBC 1 about says it all...

Only other thing I can remember seeing on BBC when we were visiting family was suffereing thru a 2 hour special on the queen. NO idea why my cousin wanted to watch it. To add insult to injury during the part of the show about the Blitz my cousin mentioned that her neighborhood in Bristol was bombed. "If you look out the one window you can see lines of houses that are slightly different" (IOW you could follow the bombing path). Of course this was said AFTER dark and we were not able to return before we caught the airport bus to Gatwick.

And original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is puke inducing enough without the blood. Caught it in the 80s when the hotel I stayed at in the DC beltway had a video disk player and would run movies at night. Night clerk got a mad on and ran TCM, a Richard Pryor stand up movie and the second Mad Max movie in a row. Needless to say there was a new night clerk the next night.

You might be offended by Little Britain. It's crude comedy which is actually the interesting part because some it is so not British. They did a whole HBO series a couple of years ago which was as crude - but it was funny.

Re: BBC 1. They showed Monty Python and even back in the 60's there was content which still isn't allowed on regular tv here today (cable specialty channels excluded). Thank goodness PBS broadcast it in the 70's so we could watch it.

Edited by LincolnV

I never said you were a liar YOU said I said that , so maybe as I said I hit a nerve. Some thin gs are very transparent and theres no need for someone to actully OPEN UP

You see ? did you have to go back to that? I asked you were you there? Let us know.

You said in very specific terms that you did not believe much of anything I opened up to you concerning my childhood experiences; even after pointing out how wrong your assumptions were you still contended that I was a weakly bullied kid which caused me to develop the delusional beliefs I now have, and then proceeded to psychoanalyze me as such. So, yeah, you called me a liar.

Edited by Stu

You said in very specific terms that you did not believe much of anything I opened up to you concerning my childhood experiences; after even that disclosure of my childhood pointing out how wrong your assumptions were you still contended that I was a weakly bullied kid which caused me to develop the delusional beliefs I now have, and then proceeded to psychoanalyze me as such. So, yeah, you called me a liar.

You want me to post the the entire PMs so others can see how and why you take these things and twist and how I actually said these things in response to things you may have said.Shall I also divulge what you actually said to me as far as I'm not the only one who has had this opinion?..Im not playing this back and forth with you. He said he said is childs play and very disturbing. Try to stay on the subject . IF in fact you want a discussion not a pulpit

Edited by GUARDLING

You might be offended by Little Britain. It's crude comedy which is actually the interesting part because some it is so not British. They did a whole HBO series a couple of years ago which was as crude - but it was funny.

Re: BBC 1. They showed Monty Python and even back in the 60's there was content which still isn't allowed on regular tv here today (cable specialty channels excluded). Thank goodness PBS broadcast it in the 70's so we could watch it.

LOL, lost interest in the before mentioned South Park years back but they had some topics that bugged/offended me enough to change the channel. Just figured free speech and left it go. As for MP... had a roomie in college who was a Python head, I can imagine..... LMAO.... don't have HBO but the only show there that I would want to check out is "Game of Thrones". OK, I'm a Peter Dinkledge fan and blood doesn't bother me....

you dont discuss anything stu..you preach. Oh and TWIST EVERYTHING

I have stated my opinions, strongly held to my beliefs, and presented defenses of my position; that is all true and if you want to call that preaching so be it. But please show me where I have ever personally went after the soul of a person on DCP that I have never met, especially not know much about them other than a few postings, by psychoanalyzing them on DCP; or where I called them out in a condescending way as being a Huffington Post Secular Humanist Left Wing Occupy Wall Street Radical the way I have been referred to as a Westoro Fox News Religious Right Closed Minded Judgmental person. Please show me where I have done that.