Controversy in WGI and DCI

DCI and WGI used to be geared toward entertaining everyone; but it is now the playground of progressive artists who desire to push the envelope and they are more than happy to continue to push that envelope to the point where it is more like South Park and less like the Muppet Show.

Stu - what? How many thousands of shows have been produced and because we mention upwards of 10 the entire activity is now like South Park?

• Like 1

really...again were you there? to actually know? AHHHH Im sure that was a no!...its done daily at Disney. but im not going on and on with it....actually, doesnt matter

Again you are making assumptions without knowing anything about what I have done in my life. The last time I opened up on my life you called me a liar and attempted to psychoanalyze me as such. So, believe what you want; but it does not make any of your perceptions correct or true.

Stu - what? How many thousands of shows have been produced and because we mention upwards of 10 the entire activity is now like South Park?

I did not say it 'is' South Park; I said that with the ever increasing progressive artists who always push the envelope in charge of design, the DCI and WGI activity is getting pushed in the direction of, and closer to becoming, a South Park.

I honestly assume he hadn't seen the show based on the incredibly naive comments he made: they really read to me like someone who had not seen one count of the performance. Like people who say TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE is one of the bloodiest movies ever when there is really not a lot of blood at all: it's all in one's mind. because they see what they want to see. That type of stuff isn't the fault of artists, it's the fault of delusional, myopic individuals

Exactly correct!

( and precisely why sometimes we're left with no other choice but to post amusing pictures of ungulates! sometimes laughter really is the best medicine.)

Edited by corpsband

I did not say it 'is' South Park; I said that with the ever increasing progressive artists who always push the envelope in charge of design, the DCI and WGI activity is getting pushed in the direction of, and closer to becoming, a South Park.

I don't agree.

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 1

DONT tell others what theirs may be or decided whats best for other peoples kids .

Adults make decisions on other people's kids all the time. The day however this becomes problematic is when those decisions are either abrogated by parents unwittingly, or taken away. But this notion that some adults arn't deciding " whats best for other people's kids " isn't something that I'm not aware of anywhere in the country.. unless a child perhaps is home schooled. Most of the time, these other adults do a very responsible job" with other people's kids", imo. But they most certainly are deciding" whats best for other peoples kids" it seems to me, and on this aspect we should be able to fundamentally agree on ( or at least, one would think so, anyway ).

Edited by BRASSO

On the Looney Tunes subject, anyone else remember the iconic sequence of Bugs Bunny dressing up as a well-endowed woman in the 70s?

That was a Bugs Bunny humorous reference to what Milton Berle had done in his humorous 'tribute' to stars like Marylyn Monroe. Also, especially in comedy, men dressing up as women has been a stage staple since before the time of Shakespeare.

Again you are making assumptions without knowing anything about what I have done in my life. The last time I opened up on my life you called me a liar and attempted to psychoanalyze me as such. So, believe what you want; but it does not make any of your perceptions correct or true.

I never said you were a liar YOU said I said that , so maybe as I said I hit a nerve. Some thin gs are very transparent and theres no need for someone to actully OPEN UP

You see ? did you have to go back to that? I asked you were you there? Let us know.

Have you ever seen an episode of "Little Britain?" You said it....."Other lands, other cultures...."

Had to wiki it..... Reading that parts of the episodes had to be editted out when it was "promoted" to the more conservative BBC 1 about says it all...

Only other thing I can remember seeing on BBC when we were visiting family was suffereing thru a 2 hour special on the queen. NO idea why my cousin wanted to watch it. To add insult to injury during the part of the show about the Blitz my cousin mentioned that her neighborhood in Bristol was bombed. "If you look out the one window you can see lines of houses that are slightly different" (IOW you could follow the bombing path). Of course this was said AFTER dark and we were not able to return before we caught the airport bus to Gatwick.

And original Texas Chainsaw Massacre is puke inducing enough without the blood. Caught it in the 80s when the hotel I stayed at in the DC beltway had a video disk player and would run movies at night. Night clerk got a mad on and ran TCM, a Richard Pryor stand up movie and the second Mad Max movie in a row. Needless to say there was a new night clerk the next night.

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Adults make decisions on other people's kids all the time. The day however this becomes problematic is when those decisions are either abrogated by parents unwittingly, or taken away. But this notion that some adults arn't deciding " whats best for other people's kids " isn't something that I'm aware of anywhere in the country.. unless a child perhaps is home schooled. Most of the time, these other adults do a very responsible job" with other people's kids", imo. But they certainly are deciding" whats best for other peoples kids" it seems to me, and on that we should be able to fundamentally agree on ( or at least, one would think so, anyway ).

theres also choices.....................dont watch or dont have your kid involved .If it were to any extreme a parent wouldn t have to take care of a thing as in 1 or 2 cases judges, WGI or those involved would have done it

Edited by GUARDLING