Controversy in WGI and DCI

If you are attempting to get off of the silly subject of non factual pitch fork , burn at the steak hysteria. Im with ya Brasso

Anybody outside of my household that burns my " steaks " gets more " controversy " from me than anything ever seen in WGI.

exactly BUT at least you can see now how the subject got twisted and BAITED. There are things far more twisted for sure and easy to see

You mean that I, and to some extent Brasso, have engaged in turning this subject of family atmosphere appropriateness concerning the show theme of Kama Sutra with twisted and baited postings? Really? Hmmmm….. I wonder who made this exact comment after us merely showing our concern:

"I also feel that the over the top bible thumpers, those who feel they are judge and jury, those who feel that they make the rules for everyone, those who for no apparent reason other than their own personal agenda make judgements, those who value their own beliefs way above others, those who pre- judge, those who claim what they believe is what a RESPONSIBLE ADULT IS and ignoring what others may think are ALL far more dangerous to not only the activity but to society in general!!!!!!"

Edited by Stu

You mean that I, and to some extent Brasso, have engaged in turning this subject of family atmosphere appropriateness concerning the show theme of Kama Sutra with twisted and baited postings? Really? Hmmmm….. I wonder who made this exact comment after us merely showing our concern:

"I also feel that the over the top bible thumpers, those who feel they are judge and jury, those who feel that they make the rules for everyone, those who for no apparent reason other than their own personal agenda make judgements, those who value their own beliefs way above others, those who pre- judge, those who claim what they believe is what a RESPONSIBLE ADULT IS and ignoring what others may think are ALL far more dangerous to not only the activity but to society in general!!!!!!"

No Stu that YOU! once again twisted something so that you can hear yourself talk. I personally dont believe all your concerns about much at all . You clearly love living in Fantasy land. So be it, thats fine.

Yeah . I posted my opinion on what I feel is very dangerous to activity and in general, you havent? lets go to almost every thing you have ever posted.

You pick and choose things to fester a debate NOT to stimulate any conversation but to preach YOUR own agenda. That also is fine BUT who and what makes you the person who decides what is FAMILY and appropriateness . If yopu merely had an opinion and left it at that , thats one thing BUT to condemn others and arrogantly challenge another persons views or parenting skills is IMO dangerous and disgusting. OK we wen't there. Happy? you won..Very sad and OH so transparent. Judge away , but expect to be judged right back, you've told me before you have heard this before so it shouldnt be any surprise. I had no problem with Brasso and I think we came to a conclusion that very young kids werent viewing and thing . SO, come in Stu and throw some fuel on the fire that we all( including you ) know you love to do,

Do I sound mad? Maybe but,As I said in another, post I spent 2 weeks in Dayton and it clearly reminded me whats is real and relevant and what isn't. Thankful for that.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 2

Sesame street's " double entendre " is Kama Sutra ? What " double entendre " is there in Kama Sutra ?... as this " double entendre " is going right over my head.

Sesame Street's " double entendre" comparison with Kama Sutra, is akin to comparing a Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders Calendar to Hustler Magazine Calendar Pinups.. surely, you can appreciate the stark differences here, Jeff

do you really want toddlers walking around making jokes about "sliding it in"? because if you watch Sesame Street, you'll hear that. To me, while funny on a Beavis and Butthead level, is not what i want a toddler to be watching. But you know, if Elmo says it to a 2 year old, it's gospel.

There are various ways one can be offended. while a Kama Sutra show isn't what I'd want my kid watching...hell, I tried to get her out of the room when BD was on last summer.....Elmo and grover making jokes about sliding it in is just as bad.

Are you really saying that presenting the honorable story of a person protecting human life from brutal genocide is anywhere remotely close being the same as presenting the ideas of human sexual positions?

Not what I wrote. You're twisting again. My point was it's in the presentation of the subject matter that's important. And hint, Fantasia did a show about the Holocaust. Was very well presented, giving the proper gravity to the subject at hand. Same way the Kama Sutra show was. It was tastefully presented. It actually used the intended positions to highlight extremely intricate guard work. I still don't know how they pulled some of it off. If they had the members strip down and actually exhibit those acts, then you'd have a case that it was inappropriate. I think everyone in Fantasia is an adult as well, so if they give their consent, then they can pretty much do whatever they choose to do.

Look man, if you've got kids, feel free to shelter them and present whatever material you want to them. That's your prerogative as a parent. If some corps or winter guard presents a show you don't agree with, you can take your kids out for that performance, and bring them back in for the next one. But that's YOUR decision only. Expecting the entire activity to bend to your will is impractical.

Here's a clip of Fantasia's 02 show, tell me if you think it's inappropriate- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbXEGaCjC6E

• Like 3

With comments like "I am all for pushing the envelope”, “It is the bible thumpers who are the problem”, “I accuse you of never seeing the Kama Sutra show”, “It is about presentation of art in a mature manner”, “Open your minds to all artistic expression”; Hmmmmm … and people scoffed and laughed at me for showing concern about a culture which now lifts up vomiting on one another as 'art' along with my concern that this type of mentality is beginning to infest itself into what should be a family activity like DCI and WGI. Go figure.

Stu,

I sincerely hope you are not in the pizza business. Because it is about...

delivery

delivery

delivery

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 2

do you really want toddlers walking around making jokes about "sliding it in"? because if you watch Sesame Street, you'll hear that. To me, while funny on a Beavis and Butthead level, is not what i want a toddler to be watching. But you know, if Elmo says it to a 2 year old, it's gospel.

People with vivid imaginations I suppose can see and hear all kinds of things that are meant to be harmless. even in a Sesame Street Elmo segment, I guess.

Its like a guy goes to a shrink,and the shrink shows him innocuous pictures of non sexual things. On each picture, the guy tells the shrink he sees a naked woman. Different picture shown.. same result... guy tells the shrink he sees a naked woman. The shrink stops finally, and tells the guy " ' well it appears you have an obsessive sex problem of some sort" The guy replies : " I have the problem ? Look, you're the one that keeps showing me all the pictures of naked woman!"

Edited by BRASSO

Not what I wrote. You're twisting again. My point was it's in the presentation of the subject matter that's important. And hint, Fantasia did a show about the Holocaust. Was very well presented, giving the proper gravity to the subject at hand. Same way the Kama Sutra show was. It was tastefully presented. It actually used the intended positions to highlight extremely intricate guard work. I still don't know how they pulled some of it off. If they had the members strip down and actually exhibit those acts, then you'd have a case that it was inappropriate. I think everyone in Fantasia is an adult as well, so if they give their consent, then they can pretty much do whatever they choose to do.

Look man, if you've got kids, feel free to shelter them and present whatever material you want to them. That's your prerogative as a parent. If some corps or winter guard presents a show you don't agree with, you can take your kids out for that performance, and bring them back in for the next one. But that's YOUR decision only. Expecting the entire activity to bend to your will is impractical.

Here's a clip of Fantasia's 02 show, tell me if you think it's inappropriate- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbXEGaCjC6E

why do that when one can sit in judgement of others all in the name of good. HMMMMM arent there plenty of deadly organizations with the same message?

This afternoon I laughed.

Fantasia's 2002 program was not "X" rated. Fantasia's 2002 program was not "R" rated. Fantasia's 2002 program, in my opinion, was suggestive. Some of the analogies presented are out of control. Hustler? XXX?

Edited by LincolnV
  • Like 2