Controversy in WGI and DCI

the kids in the stands are alot older than the little kiddie groups. Even at a local show ,by the time the older guards go on IF there is a kiddie class they are long gone and in bed. most often, even at regionals by the time WC goes on alot of the days HS kids are also gone. I anyone actually attended , they would know this.

DCI, some tell us, is a youth, amateur compettive " sport ". I see lots of parents with their little children at youth soccer games, youth baseball games, high school football games, high school hockey games, and the like... and all the time too. But you're right its vastly different in the youth competitive " sports" of WGI and DCI as we rarely see any children at these events... so perhaps doing R and X rated themes is probably not the concern that I should have on this stuff, and on that point, I can give ground here on the actual audience make up for these shows in WGI, DCI.

DCI, some tell us, is a youth, amateur compettive " sport ". I see lots of parents with their little children at youth soccer games, youth baseball games, high school football games, high school hockey games, and the like... and all the time too. But you're right its vastly different in the youth competitive " sports" of WGI and DCI as we rarely see any children at these events... so perhaps doing R and X rated themes is probably not the concern that I should have on this stuff, and on that point, I can give ground here on the actual audience make up for these shows in WGI, DCI.

I dont think , as far as I have seen any x rated shows at all, even R Ive seen more at PG rated films. BUT you are right which kind of moot's the entire conversation , especially if we agree little children aren't there for the most part. As I said even younger teens arent there by the time these guards go on

With comments like "I am all for pushing the envelope”, “It is the bible thumpers who are the problem”, “I accuse you of never seeing the Kama Sutra show”, “It is about presentation of art in a mature manner”, “Open your minds to all artistic expression”; Hmmmmm … and people scoffed and laughed at me for showing concern about a culture which now lifts up vomiting on one another as 'art' along with my concern that this type of mentality is beginning to infest itself into what should be a family activity like DCI and WGI. Go figure.

I dont think , as far as I have seen any x rated shows at all, even R Ive seen more at PG rated films. BUT you are right which kind of moot's the entire conversation , especially if we agree little children aren't there for the most part. As I said even younger teens arent there by the time these guards go on

Sometime just stating a theme doesn't give a person enough to make a true evaluation of a show.

I once saw a band that was new to competition do a show that was a "Tribute to John F. Kennedy"...it contained a moment of him being shot, they played the actual Walter Cronkite TV newscast of him reporting the murder, they had a funeral on the field, with a casket, and then they carried the casket through the band while playing the Navy Hymn...that show may have been the worst-taste show I have ever seen.

The audience sat there in stunned silence...of course they couldn't applaud...it was a funeral, for goodness sake...so there was cricket-level silence.

With comments like "I am all for pushing the envelope”, “It is the bible thumpers who are the problem”, “I accuse you of never seeing the Kama Sutra show”, “It is about presentation of art in a mature manner”, “Open your minds to all artistic expression”; Hmmmmm … and people scoffed and laughed at me for showing concern about a culture which now lifts up vomiting on one another as 'art' along with my concern that this type of mentality is beginning to infest itself into what should be a family activity like DCI and WGI. Go figure.

Didn't know they made brushes that broad.

Like your fourth quote there, it is about presentation in a mature, and well-thought out manner. If something is done in a trashy, vulgar way, then it won't be well received and enjoyed. If something challenging and thought-provking can be done in a mature manner, than it's usually okay. Schindler's List? Very dark, though subject, but presented beautifully and in a mature fashion.

• Like 2

As for youth attendance at DCI, there were more ticket takers than ticket givers under the age of 22 at last season's early June show in the theatre I and my friends went to. Thats not a good barometer for the future. 90% of the attendees couldn't practice Kama Sutra if they wanted too, DCI needs some new blood, imo.. and good grief, whats the qualification to become a DCI judge these days ? get on the AARP mailing list as a fundamental prerequisite for consideration ?

Edited by BRASSO

Like your fourth quote there, it is about presentation in a mature, and well-thought out manner. If something is done in a trashy, vulgar way, then it won't be well received and enjoyed. If something challenging and thought-provking can be done in a mature manner, than it's usually okay. Schindler's List? Very dark, though subject, but presented beautifully and in a mature fashion.

exactly BUT at least you can see now how the subject got twisted and BAITED. There are things far more twisted for sure and easy to see

As for youth attendance at DCI, there were more ticket takers than ticket givers under the age of 22 at last season's early June show in the theatre I and my friends went to. Thats not a good for the future. DCI needs swome new blood.. and good grief, whats the qualification to become a DCI judge these days ? get on the AARP mailing list as a fundamental prerequisite for consideration ?

agree but is that what were talking about now? and have we up the YOUTH age to 22 or under for what is acceptable in a show? If you are attempting to get off of the silly subject of non factual pitch fork , burn at the steak hysteria. Im with ya Brasso

Edited by GUARDLING

Are you really saying that presenting the honorable story of a person protecting human life from brutal genocide is anywhere remotely close being the same as presenting the ideas of human sexual positions?