What would you do?

I suggest you go to DATR and have a "smoke-out" fundraiser.

Sell product at a premium, and have the cook truck make a huge batch of rice krispie treats ready to go at $5 each.

Solved.

unless the stadium has a contract with a competitor of Rice krispies....then you have an issue

• Like 2

How many Iditarod dog teams will you be able to secure (in lieu of 3 busses, 2 equipment tractor trailers, and a food trailer) for your sojourn from Wainwright Alaska to Renton, Washington? I bet the dog teams will be cheaper. Hey!!! There's a thought...Dog Caravan International. Possibly an idea in there somewhere...I know, I know. >>>> :shutup:

How many Iditarod dog teams will you be able to secure (in lieu of 3 busses, 2 equipment tractor trailers, and a food trailer) for your sojourn from Wainwright Alaska to Renton, Washington? I bet the dog teams will be cheaper. Hey!!! There's a thought...Dog Caravan International. Possibly an idea in there somewhere...I know, I know. >>>> :shutup:

Great question, but for us a non issue. We are not located in either Wainwright Alaska or Renton, Washington. We have always been located in Overland Park, KS. At least since the point I was asked to create our hypothetical home base to locate our hypothetical corps. :colgate:

Great question, but for us a non issue. We are not located in either Wainwright Alaska or Renton, Washington. We have always been located in Overland Park, KS. At least since the point I was asked to create our hypothetical home base to locate our hypothetical corps. :colgate:

You're right...I'm wrong. I got carried away, and thus, off topic.

Carry on.

You're right...I'm wrong. I got carried away, and thus, off topic.

Carry on.

But I do know how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop! I was informed by the wise owl and then checked it out for myself. That answer is three; it takes three licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop!!

Hey TootsiePop-licker, what are you doing to solve the revenue problem at Fictitious?

Anything new? Last I heard you were about 25% behind in fundraising. Has that number changed?

Hey now ... I believe you said you didn't need to hear back from him until the May meeting. And now you are pressuring him? Tsk, Tsk.

• Like 1

Hey now ... I believe you said you didn't need to hear back from him until the May meeting. And now you are pressuring him? Tsk, Tsk.

You are correct as it applies to the official Board Meeting. But according to the Bylaws, when requested, I am to communicate with the President mono a mono in between the meetings. However, considering the recent public jab at me concerning my love for a certain crystallized sugar confection, if he does actually request an update I would also appreciate a promise of providing me with a bag of cherry tootsie pops! :thumbup:

Just make sure that if you DO communicate with him, you share all his personal statements with the rest of us .... he HATES that!

:tounge2:

(Stepping out of the role playing for a moment so the 'hypothetical President' does not whack me again for releasing what he considers as private info).

If you remember,we were pretending that we were in a 'hypothetical Board meeting' as opposed to a public posting site; and he as President was upset that I, the CEO, made those statements 'to the Board'. I think it was a difference in opinion concerning our views of communication interaction between President/CEO and the Board within a non-profit business situation. While we both would agree that no info should be made public without mutual agreement, in a non-profit organization I see communication between President/CEO as possible info to share with the Board ‘unless’ it is specifically made clear it is to be kept secret from the Board; in which case I would also want the President to state why it is to be kept away from the Board to make sure secrecy is not placing the non-profit organization in jeopardy. I think, maybe I am wrong here, but I think his philosophy is reversed. I think that he sees President/CEO communication in a non-profit organizatiion as automatically being secret and kept from the Board ‘unless’ both parties agree to release that info to the Board or that secrecy places the non-profit organization in jeopardy. And in the hypothetical interaction, I as CEO was not aware of that difference of opinion prior to him bringing it out in the meeting itself.

Edited by Stu