2014 uniforms

Reminds me a little of Boston's new uniform.

Can't say I'm a huge fan

1. Are you kidding me? I'm about to quote you and every once referring to Boston "OMG they both have red, They're the same". The only difference in Boston's new uniform from their old is nothing but with a few bondage straps on them and their huge logo awkwardly placed on it.

romney.gif

I dont think I like a single new uniform this season. Sigh...

A conversation I had 20 minutes ago.

Person 1: "Man, these new uniforms are blowing up on twitter and facebook."

Person 2: "I wonder what DCP is saying"

Person 1: "It's DCP, it's going to be the complete opposite. There will be one person who says, "I don't like any of the new uniforms, uuggghh"

We both get on DCP and big smile shines upon are faces.

I think someone had stated somewhere that the colored panel could be changed.

I see the DM's uniform clearly, but amongst what I assume are brass/percussion uniforms, two have a black cross, one has a gold cross. I wonder what the differences mean.

I like the guard uniforms. The detail is very nice.

Yup, someone pointed it out. They're all just mirrors, it's just reflecting different things.

I think we're seeing the effects of Crown's uniform on other corps.

Some are taking risks I don't think we would be seeing had Crown not come out of left field with last year's uniform.

As for Phantom's uniform, I think it was jjeffeory who first pointed out that the white portion looking like it was removable. Now every time I see photos of Phantom I can see it.

:Start Sarcastic Rant:

YUUUUP, it's all about Crown. It's like Crossmen's instruments were 10 years old or anything.

Since these shows seem to be the same I feel like Glassmens guard was more in the character for a gypsy.

217_629248533799_2235_n.jpg

I will admit. Their guard did a great job at getting into character. I remember some of those shows. But no, just no. You can't make that call, especially when Crossmen have only performed in their uniforms once. Also google "romani people", and then compare the uniforms.

The Crossmen kids look depressed to be wearing those. They should have had them at least smile.

It's a rule at Crossmen, you're not allowed to smile while in uniform.

So many unusual uniform decisions this year. It's as if the people at Crossmen, Phantom, Blue Knights and Boston said "how can we take what Crown and BD have been doing incredibly well for years but make it really really bad?" I just don't understand. Even from the pictures Crossmen's new outfits look kinda cheap. Am I being too harsh too early? I do feel bad for responding so negatively so quickly, but my immediate reaction for a lot of these reveals is confusion and disappointment.

Start Sarcastic Rant:

YUUUP. I'm sure all the Crossmen people were like "Let's do what BD and Crown do, because we want to be like them, forget that we need a new uniform."

End Sarcasm

• Like 1

Saw them in person. Much nicer. Looked pretty sharp

I did not think I would like Boston's uniforms too much from a distance because of the fade effect that was mentioned, but I actually like them. From a distance they are very dark, and the blood-red makes them seem menacing. I don't mind that the logo is not able to be seen very well from afar, and they would not have designed it that way if they wanted you to clearly see each logo from the stands. They're winning the new uniform contest in my opinion - they did not change too much, and the design is not overly busy (especially from a distance).

Edited by MarchandPlay
  • Like 2

If they smiled, people would complain about that too. Modern Drum Corps can't win on this website. We'll see what the judges like come June 20th. You're opinions mean nothing.

If they smiled, people would complain about that too. Modern Drum Corps can't win on this website. We'll see what the judges like come June 20th. You're opinions mean nothing.

Oh my GOD stop taking every little criticism so personally, what is this, Sharia law? I know my opinion means nothing, just saying what I think. I think I have that 1st amendment right. Geez.......I think it looks great and you still go after me. :wall: Sorry not EVERYONE loves it, not everyone is going to. Get over it. I dig it, and sounds like quite a few others really like it too.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

Oh my GOD stop taking every little criticism so personally, what is this, Sharia law? I know my opinion means nothing, just saying what I think. Geez.......I think it looks great and you still go after me. Sorry not EVERYONE loves it, not everyone is going to. Get over it. I dig it. :wall:

NO THINKING ON DCP. Not allowed here.

• Like 1

Since these shows seem to be the same I feel like Glassmens guard was more in the character for a gypsy.

217_629248533799_2235_n.jpg

Actually, the Glassmen guard gals look more like serving wenches at the Hofbrau Haus. :tounge2:

...not that there is anything wrong with looking like that! :augen51:

• Like 3

1. Are you kidding me? I'm about to quote you and every once referring to Boston "OMG they both have red, They're the same". The only difference in Boston's new uniform from their old is nothing but with a few bondage straps on them and their huge logo awkwardly placed on it.

A conversation I had 20 minutes ago.

Person 1: "Man, these new uniforms are blowing up on twitter and facebook."

Person 2: "I wonder what DCP is saying"

Person 1: "It's DCP, it's going to be the complete opposite. There will be one person who says, "I don't like any of the new uniforms, uuggghh"

We both get on DCP and big smile shines upon are faces.

Hi "Rookie". Welcome to DCP posting!

No, I'm not kidding you. No #######! The Crossmen's uniform red fade does indeed remind me of the Boston Crusader's red fade because both jackets have red in them and both jackets fade into something else:

tumblr_n72w1alN2P1r53fh8o1_1280.jpg

10448588_10152246610218335_8866111564494

They're even similar reds. The rest of BOTH sets of uniforms are also black. Please forgive me. I can see the similarities in the uniforms that you can't seem to recognize and find the need to roll your eyes about...

I didn't realize comparing the Crossmen's jacket to BAC's jacket would be considered insulting. I can understand you being defensive about the fact that not everyone is going to universally like Crossmen's uniform change, but I did say that I would need to see it in a large group to be sure how I feel about it, and I was glad that the brass weren't wearing the drum major jacket with the white in it. It just strikes me as less sophisticated as their previous design.

BTW, since I seem to have been the trigger of pushing your buttons, the grammar police are calling you. :poke:

• Like 1