2014 uniforms

Am I being too harsh too early?

Yes. All of the comments on their Facebook page are positive so far. It really is amazing to me how some things are perceived positively everywhere else on the internet, yet ripped to shreds on DCP.

Sometimes an honest opinion is the hardest to hear.

Even from the pictures Crossmen's new outfits look kinda cheap.

$40 K is not cheap. Get a live, DCP'rs, complain about something else

Edited by xbones7480

So many unusual uniform decisions this year. It's as if the people at Crossmen, Phantom, Blue Knights and Boston said "how can we take what Crown and BD have been doing incredibly well for years but make it really really bad?" I just don't understand. Even from the pictures Crossmen's new outfits look kinda cheap. Am I being too harsh too early? I do feel bad for responding so negatively so quickly, but my immediate reaction for a lot of these reveals is confusion and disappointment.

Who knows that when we see them all, they'll measure up to your uniform here, Kirk :

photo-38122.jpg?_r=1396124518

Edited by BRASSO

Yes. All of the comments on their Facebook page are positive so far. It really is amazing to me how some things are perceived positively everywhere else on the internet, yet ripped to shreds on DCP.

The only time I've personally seen reactions/reacted on facebook was involving Phantom's, and I said among friends more or less what I said here. I'm not trying to speak for anybody, just myself. I would hate for anybody to be offended by it though. Nothing against the members or the corps as collective organizations, I'm just not responding to these uniform changes this year. I genuinely hope they grow on me with time.

Edited by KirkAnthony

Who knows that when we see them all, they'll measure up to your uniform, Kirk :

photo-38122.jpg?_r=1396124518

I don't understand what you're implying about me or the band's uniform? I'm not defending its design by wearing it if that's what you're getting at? Edited by KirkAnthony

If you're on their Facebook page, you're typically a fan... regardless.

Being a fan of any particular drum corps certainly doesn't obligate you to comment positively on something you like, nor does it prohibit you from commenting negatively on something you don't like.

• Like 1

Boston's look awesome up close, but the earlier comment is right. They look 3/4 black with a fade to red from afar. Now, how they look under stadium lights is the big unknown. Lights make colors pop, so that will probably take care of that. But the DM looks awwwesoooome. I wish they could have done that in red for the corps with the lighter logo.

Crossmen look neat up close - the red brocade is cool - but some of the effect is lost when you pull back. I think having the line where the panel ends being across the right side of the chest might be a mistake - they may make the members look wider from a distance than they intend. BD kind of had this problem with their 2004-2005 uniforms - when they pulled the > of the jacket almost under the left armpit, it left this huge uninterrupted blue panel that made the members look kind of horizontally stretched. That said, again, you can't make a final judgment until you see them on the field.

So it looks like "fade" designs are in - Spirit did it two uniforms ago, BK now, BAC, Mandarins, Seattle Cascades, Colts, Crossmen. It's a neat idea, for sure - with more corps trying them, we'll get more chances to see what works and what doesn't.

Mike