2014 uniforms

Those uniforms definitely DO say "Blue Devils." They just don't say "1970s Blue Devils."

The breezy construction, the way I expect them to move, the flash and showmanship... There is no modern corps for whom this uniform is a better fit. What would you rather see... ruffles???

I'm a big boy. A little bit of skin basically goes unnoticed by me.

That being said...I'm also a proponent of using my "imagination" when watching a show. This look, however, renders "imagination" to be superfluous in many, many ways. :augen51:

Funny, but having followed the activity for several decades now, I never really noticed (or cared) that they had an eagle on their shako before. I certainly didn't realize that apparently it's some sort of really important tradition. So, a question for the Blue Devils folks.... was the eagle on the shako made out to be a really big deal in that corps? Is it really an important tradition that some might feel is being tossed aside? I honestly don't know. I just never got that impression from the BD people I know. I could be totally wrong.

Whenever I see the disk on the Blue Knights' new shako, I keep wanting to put wings on it. Kind of like these...

https://www.google.com/search?q=winged+disk&espv=2&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=N7WcU9bfMOal8gHQj4H4Cw&ved=0CBwQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=657

One of those would look good on a shako or helmet, dontcha think? :-P

(Or maybe for a show theme based in the ancient world.)

Edited by ChuckH

"Fade" is this era's fuchsia.

Here's the BD guard uniform:

10286958_10152308296478145_3895180978305

Cavalier's just posted their new uniform look to some, but I don't know if it's public yet.

Cavalier's just posted their new uniform look to some, but I don't know if it's public yet.

Not public, yet. ;-)

Soon!

• Like 1

Does this mean that DCI will have to create a ratings guide much like the Motion Pictures Academy has for film (and no, the pun inferred by comparing movie ratings with "Felliniesque" isn't lost on me...)?

And if a program is rated "R", will all attendees under the age of 17 who are not accompanied to the show by someone over 18 be forced to the hot dog stand for the duration of that show?

Edited by HornTeacher