2014 uniforms

The blue color is most likely a reflection... and yes there may very well be a white stripe – but the discussion was regarding the "missing" eagle which was/is also a stock piece for the shakkos... and the possible addition of a "custom" square

notice the folks in the background in the BD uni pick do not appear to have "blue squares on theirs"....

also the white stripe extends from the shako, down the sleeve onto the right leg of the pant...

the other side has the front sash that appears to fade from black at the bottom to blue where it aligns to the blue portion of the jacket...kinda' like the strip on the pant leg of Crown (from last year),

lots of fade/gradient fabric - the sash, the right sleeve, hard to see the left side in this photo...

Cesario, by the way, is the "creative" at Fred J Miller as well... CC, Regiment, Cavies, BD and others get their unis there so the homogenization of these groups' unis is no surprise.

By "bold white lines" I meant the concentric squares themselves.

I still say the rest of the square is blue - a dark reflective beveled blue square. The brass instruments are reflecting white lights, including along the front rims, so there isn't a big blue object or light right in front of them. It would have to be reflecting their own sleeves, and it's the wrong angle for that. The ones in back are too obscured or blurry to see clearly.

As to homogenization, all the companies copy from each other relentlessly, so the fact that they have elements in common means nothing. For example, Boston also has both extensive asymmetry and a fade, and they are a BandShoppe corps. Are there signature "Cesario elements" not present in the Boston uniform? I don't know enough about it, but I love these uniform threads!

• Like 1

Not a bad looking uniform if you are a Johnny Come Lately corps with no heritage formed at a community center three years ago in Wheeling, WV. Not as crazy from what I can tell as the last three years, but...and here is the rub...it doesn't immediately say "This is the Blue Devils." I was hoping it was the B or C corps. What is up with the shakos? No matter how weird BD unis got, they have ALWAYS had the eagle on the front of the shako...and now that tradition has been tossed aside. Very sad to see. :( It looks more like Blue Knights or Bluecoats. Kinda like 89 when BD was the Black Devils. Just don't get why a corps with as rich or richer a heritage as does BD, doesn't embrace it. When Cadets, Cavies or Phantom walk onto the field, you KNOW who it is. Tons of respect for Cadets because they have looked about the same almost every year since I started following DCI in 1987. Hope I like the show. I like the uni...it is really sharp looking....but NOT for BD. It's not "them." Regardless...GO DEVS!! 16!! #BDWantsTheirTrophyBack

Funny, but having followed the activity for several decades now, I never really noticed (or cared) that they had an eagle on their shako before. I certainly didn't realize that apparently it's some sort of really important tradition. So, a question for the Blue Devils folks.... was the eagle on the shako made out to be a really big deal in that corps? Is it really an important tradition that some might feel is being tossed aside? I honestly don't know. I just never got that impression from the BD people I know. I could be totally wrong.

Edited by seen-it-all

Funny, but having followed the activity for several decades now, I never really noticed (or cared) that they had an eagle on their shako before. I certainly didn't realize that apparently it's some sort of really important tradition. So, a question for the Blue Devils folks.... was the eagle on the shako made out to be a really big deal in that corps? Is it really an important tradition that some might feel is being tossed aside? I honestly don't know. I just never got that impression from the BD people I know. I could be totally wrong.

Honestly after 44 years I never really noticed the eagle. It's just there.

I won't know what to think until I see it tonight. From the photo it looks weird.