Who will take 1st in 2014 World Class Finals?

Who Will Bring Home DCI Championships 2014?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Who will bring 1st place?

• Carolina Crown
    • Blue Devils
    • The Cadets
    • Santa Clara Vanguard
    • Bluecoats
    • Phantom Regiment

I haven't seen any of BD's show but I really like what I'm hearing about it.

I watched Crown rehearse last night. I like their first movement. The second movement and the ballad I do not like. Too little brass playing. Long, forced transitions. I'm sure there will be rewrites but I really don't like it.

Therefore I'm going with the Blue Devils.

Edited by Beckham

BLOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I think Devils are about to release the Kraken.

If they do this music anywhere near the level of hype and expectations this season, they could not only be champions but crowd favorites as well.

Bleu Raeders I'm assuming. It could only be in 73 or 74. in which one of those two years they had lost to the other Blue. The third being recently by those with coats on.

Yep. 1973

3rd Blue Stars

12th Black Knights

18th Purple Lancers

21st Bleu Raiders

22nd Blue Rock

24th Blue Devils

578th Atomic Tangerine Buffs

(One of these is a joke, although the Buffs were a real British Napoleonic division. Two, actually. There were the Buffs and the Young Buffs. Seriously.)

Anyway, after that it gets easier because they never finish lower than 5th.

Edited by Pete Freedman

If they do this music anywhere near the level of hype and expectations this season, they could not only be champions but crowd favorites as well.

" to whom much is given, much is expected "

it would great to have BD a fan favorite with their music again. They have the staff there to make that happen if they chose too... I'd love to see them take a new direction with their music, and make us all hoarse from cheering with approval again at the shows.

Edited by BRASSO

(One of these is a joke, although the Buffs were a real British Napoleonic division. Two, actually. There were the Buffs and the Young Buffs. Seriously.)

Were there females in this ? I know its a tough question, and its purely subjective in nature and all, but if they had females, were they all buff and tangerine tanned by summers end do you know ?

Edited by BRASSO

Yep. 1973

3rd Blue Stars

12th Black Knights

18th Purple Lancers

21st Bleu Raiders

22nd Blue Rock

24th Blue Devils

Anyway, after that it gets easier because they never finish lower than 5th.

I remember it well. Then in 74 ti jump up to 9th then 3rd then.... you know the rest.

Were there females in this ? I know its a tough question, and its purely subjective in nature and all, but if they had females, were they all buff and tangerine tanned by summers end do you know ?

Yeah, it does sound a bit like a highly athletic drum corps from south Florida. Possibly clothing optional. Or maybe they just work out a lot.

I'm really kind of astounded by all those who think SCV can win, or even medal, with this show.

If they happen to medal, I'll gladly eat my words, but I really do not think there is any way they are going to out-execute any combination of at least three corps that include BD, Crown, Cadets, and Bluecoats. Those 4 corps right there are the ones competing for a medal, everyone else is going to be below. And it would not surprise me if it happens to be Crown ending up on the outside looking in, and Coats takes the bronze.

If SCV wants to get back into medal contention, they need to start being more innovative with their shows. Bartok and Devil's Staircase, although I pretty much hated both shows, were a step in the right direction towards that goal. Les Mis was a good year to do something traditional, but now they are trying to compete with those above them, who have been extremely good with new and interesting themes. The bar is set high, and Scheherazade, although the original orchestra music is awesome, is not going to be able to compete theme-wise with BD or Crown, they wont be able to out-execute either of those, including Cadets, and Bluecoats have a better show idea.

Like I said, I'll gladly eat my words if I'm wrong, but I can't see SCV getting any higher than 5th this year.

To try and stay on topic, I think Blue Devils will win easily.

I love it. These threads pop up every year, before anyone has put a foot on the field, and the best anyone can do is speculate. There's way too many changes to come to even predict halfway through. So, I'll abstain from selecting a champion at this point. I know which corps I'd like to see win, but that's not the question.

The most accurate response to date is Jeff Ream's on the first page. But that's always his response to these threads. Bonus points for consistancy.

Garry, formerly in Vegas

Edited by CrunchyTenor