DrumScorps - coming soon to Windows Phone

Version 1.1 is now available in the Windows Phone Store! If you previously installed the app, you can either wait for your phone to automatically detect the update or follow the link/QR code in the first post of this thread to get the update immediately.

Version 1.1 is now available in the Windows Phone Store! If you previously installed the app, you can either wait for your phone to automatically detect the update or follow the link/QR code in the first post of this thread to get the update immediately.

Thanks, this has fixed the opening issue for me in the UK!

• 2 weeks later...

All,

Now that the app has been in used for a few weeks, I've noticed some interesting stats I would like to share with everyone. Below are two charts. The first shows usage of the app by days of the week. The second shows usage by hours of the day. The data for the charts is based on web traffic from the app to the server I use to host the scores.

As you can see, daily usage is fairly consistent with a small spike on the weekends. I'm guessing this is caused by two things: more free time on the weekends and typically weekend shows have better lineups so more people are interested in scores.

What I found most interesting though was the hourly chart. Keep in mind the server that is on the west coast, so add 3 to each column to get EDT. Usage peaks in between 10-11 EDT, right when most shows are ending and scores are available. Another interesting bit is the small peak at 8AM EDT. Seems like a lot of people are eager to check scores right when they wake up :tounge2:

Just some interesting stats I though everyone might get a kick out of.

28aqdc9.png

t7cuvd.png

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for using DrumScorps throughout the season. I received lots of good feedback and I hope everyone enjoyed using the app.

That being said, I am excited to announce that an Android version of DrumScorps is in the works! I am also moving all of my score data to a database which will allow for some new features that have been requested, including leaderboards and score trend charts. I'm looking forward to the 2015 season and making finding scores a bit easier for everyone!

P.S. - I'm not ruling out an iPhone version yet, just need to acquire the right developer tools before its possible.

Edited by drewboo127
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for using DrumScorps throughout the season. I received lots of good feedback and I hope everyone enjoyed using the app.

That being said, I am excited to announce that an Android version of DrumScorps is in the works! I am also moving all of my score data to a database which will allow for some new features that have been requested, including leaderboards and score trend charts. I'm looking forward to the 2015 season and making finding scores a bit easier for everyone!

P.S. - I'm not ruling out an iPhone version yet, just need to acquire the right developer tools before its possible.

Drewboo, I do want to say, you just made my night. I've been trying to court Android developers I know for the cause (Chris Lacy is an acquaintance who I thought would be good for it, too), but since none of those guys really did the drum corps thing, they just didn't get it...

Few questions:

Material design?

Is it going to have one of those awful hamburger sidebar things? (I've read some compelling articles that show those actually cup app use and time spent in app, so I have NO idea why Google made it part of the official design guidelines...)

At the very least, swiping left/right to move through diff parts of the app? (Like this?)

tl.png

At any rate, I'm really excited for this. There's no DCI scores app on Android, as far as I know, so you're going to be the sole provider, and based off of what you did with the WP version, I'm sure this'll be great.

WOOT.

Drewboo, I do want to say, you just made my night. I've been trying to court Android developers I know for the cause (Chris Lacy is an acquaintance who I thought would be good for it, too), but since none of those guys really did the drum corps thing, they just didn't get it...

Few questions:

Material design?

Is it going to have one of those awful hamburger sidebar things? (I've read some compelling articles that show those actually cup app use and time spent in app, so I have NO idea why Google made it part of the official design guidelines...)

At the very least, swiping left/right to move through diff parts of the app? (Like this?)

At any rate, I'm really excited for this. There's no DCI scores app on Android, as far as I know, so you're going to be the sole provider, and based off of what you did with the WP version, I'm sure this'll be great.

WOOT.

HashBrown,

It's still in the very early stages of design, but you'll be happy to hear there will be no hamburger sidebar :tounge2: Swiping left/right to different areas of the app was my plan, similar to what was done with the WP version. Thanks for your feedback!

Edited by drewboo127

App ecosystem turns me off from WP as well as the UI. Really hate the tiles. I have an issue with Android's app ecosystem as well but for different reasons. Which is probably why I'll always stay team iPhone :tounge2:

iOS (and its horrible bland-ness) is exactly why I love my WP UI... but to each his own.

Nice app, wish I had known about it a few weeks ago :)