Sunday's Crown performance

any more cogent points to your insightful analysis?

No. You're obviously out of my league. Because I can't have an opinion. And such an opinion certainly can't be counter to the corps that you're a fan of.

You haven't demonstrated anything to me. And I won't be able to demonstrate anything to you.

I hope Crown is successful. And in spite of fans like yourself.

And, for what it's worth, I've liked Crown since 1996 (save 2002). I am no hater. But if you have an opinion that's counter to a Crown fan, you're a hater. Naturally.

Edited by kdaddy

i disagree. plenty of folks have made actual critiques. i even agree with a few (shocked i know).

but if your gonna regurgitate the same old tired crown does the same thing every season, you should expect the same old reponse :-\

Look at the comments that people get from saying the have to many props. 99% of responses were well BD did this... and they had this many... IMO the use of props by BD in years have been helpful for the show. Just like Cadets use props (minus tables) that help concept and dont distract. I say IMO because i may be the only one but frisbees flying over was a huge distraction and people flipping on trampolines will draw the attention so that people pray they dont get hurt.

First, thanks DCI for making this experience available via mobile. I was running late on getting home to view it on my PC. Had my IPad with me, and ran it through Google Chrome. Worked very well with the LTE in my area. So, big thanks.

My first impression is that visually this will look a lot better on a field that is green, and with a higher camera view. Marching in that sandlot of a field, I felt like I could t see everything that was going on clearly. Brown tends to lessen the look of things when viewed from above. Seeing it in the theater next Monday or the Ben Davis HS premier show this week I think will really give it clearer form to see everything they are doing.

Brass,(as usual), just Wow. Really enjoyed the closer, which reminds me so much of the great Star of Indiana lines from back in the day. This line and the Klesch arrangements remind me of Star 86 and Star 90 rolled into one.. I particularly liked the echo section after the "tin" playing percussion feature. I don't doubt that part will evolve over the season the include more effects, and really stand out. The beginning of the closer makes me stand up and cheer. Brass triple tounging is simply incredible and really stands out. I can listen to that all day and with a standing ovation.

That ballad seems to have a lot of room to grow. The emotional impact I got was a bit different than what I felt after seeing the show for the first time last year. I certainly like that they are letting the brass carry the emotion this year, (sans narration, but with the "countdown narration" which definitely adds to the feel of the piece). But, I am sure they will evoke it over the next few months to the point of being ballad of the year.

Overall, Kudos Crown and congrats on your 25th. The history of the corps that Kevin Smith gave tonight was inspiring

to hear. Reminded me of the cliche from American Hustle, "Doing it from the feet up". I remember seeing them live for the first time in Jackson, during 1993 Div II finals, and have been a fan since.

If any of the members are reading this on the bus tonight on the way to Indiana- Best of luck for a repeat championship this year!.

Edited by Dmlkmen
  • Like 1

Didn't the rifle fly off field in Rach Star?

Look at the comments that people get from saying the have to many props. 99% of responses were well BD did this... and they had this many... IMO the use of props by BD in years have been helpful for the show. Just like Cadets use props (minus tables) that help concept and dont distract. I say IMO because i may be the only one but frisbees flying over was a huge distraction and people flipping on trampolines will draw the attention so that people pray they dont get hurt.

Well despite your snarky phrasing I actually agree about the trampolines . Think I even posted this earlier over in the Crown thread.

It's going to be really hard to get a cool effect from the tramp without sending somebody way the heck up in the air. that actually take two people (so staging changes) and it's really dangerous. so they have a lot to figure out with them. and they can't really lose them as they're used to store the trumpets that used in the reverb section. it will be interesting to see them tackle this during the season.

they're not really doing anything dangerous on them yet. in fact they're not doing much at all on them.

i rolled my eyes first time i saw the frisbees. now i'm kind of liking the effect as it becomes more coordinated.

as for the prop comments: (1) most people making them arent' crown honks (2) why WOULDN"T you bring BD when discussing the use of props? it would be werid NOT to mention them.

Edited by corpsband

i disagree. plenty of folks have made actual critiques. i even agree with a few (shocked i know).

but if your gonna regurgitate the same old tired crown does the same thing every season, you should expect the same old reponse :-\

oh -- and i can't ever recall the hater thing being used in reference to crown. please cite the message(s).

hey it's ok to not like crown.

but you shouldn't try to dress it up in some frilly fake commentary. just say -- "I don't like Crown" or " I don't like their show". It's ok. The universe will not implode.

No one has brought up the musical keys that Crown plays in yet. Concert Bb major or whatever it was....

• Like 1

No. You're obviously out of my league. Because I can't have an opinion. And such an opinion certainly can't be counter to the corps that you're a fan of.

You haven't demonstrated anything to me. And I won't be able to demonstrate anything to you.

I hope Crown is successful. And in spite of fans like yourself.

And, for what it's worth, I've liked Crown since 1996 (save 2002). I am no hater. But if you have an opinion that's counter to a Crown fan, you're a hater. Naturally.

ignore all the points in my reply. personal attack. claim undying love for crown. got it.

Edited by corpsband

Well despite your snarky phrasing I actually agree about the trampolines . Think I even posted this earlier over in the Crown thread.

It's going to be really hard to get a cool effect from the tramp without sending somebody way the heck up in the air. that actually take two people (so staging changes) and it's really dangerous. so they have a lot to figure out with them. and they can't really lose them as they're used to store the trumpets that used in the reverb section. it will be interesting to see them tackle this during the season.

they're not really doing anything dangerous on them yet.

i rolled my eyes first time i saw the frisbees. now i'm kind of liking the effect as it becomes more coordinated.

as for the prop comments: (1) most people making them arent' crown honks (2) why WOULDN"T you bring BD when discussing the use of props? it would be werid NOT to mention them.

To be fair, while I'm not a Crown honk, I am a pretty huge fan though, I made that comment on the number of things on the field and I didn't bring BD into it.

I thought the props that BD used were extremely distracting. When they were stepping on those chairs, I was hoping that people wouldn't fall.

When the Cavaliers used ladders for props in 05, I was worried that people would fall too.

When I saw BD using ladders in 14 show video from yesterday, I was also worried that people would fall off of those too. I wasn't worried about the chairs or tables though in the show though, so there's that.

ignore point all the points in my reply. personal attack. claim undying love for crown. got it.

To be clear, you personally attacked me first. Something mature about my debating skills. And I'm okay with it.

And I didn't ignore your points: I said "you haven't demonstrated anything to me." I still don't agree with you - you have done nothing to convince me, and you don't need to. I still stand by my points about 2014 being a replica of 2013. And you don't agree.

I don't, however, claim undying love for Crown. I can be critical of them. But apparently just around those who are reasonable.