2014 Rankings (by most recent score)

Minn ,still has 2 more contest next week i'm sure they know exactly what they need to do and will do it.l still say there the WILDCARD to win it all .Coming east early never seemed to help them .Not not coming is more money in the bank for them .And i'm sure its not going to hurt there postion at the end of the game .

Until they broke into the top 5 in 1998, there were several years when, IMO, Brass should have scored/placed higher.

And perhaps a few times after '98. Again, my opinion.

• Like 1

Ok, what year or years were Minnesota underscored at Championships? Be specific as to when and why.

like i said. MY OPINION. what about that don't you understand? please don't bait me.

I'll be specific in my case to try and give an example- I do think that in '92 they should have placed higher in Field and Ensemble brass at Finals. The overall finish, that wasn't an issue. The rest of the program had a lot of weaknesses as compared to the rest of the field that beat them.

But I think John's made a point here. Have there been any times over since the 21st century ticked over that there's really been a serious issue I'd think we'd have heard about it here a few times over the past few years...? :satisfied:

I'll be specific in my case to try and give an example- I do think that in '92 they should have placed higher in Field and Ensemble brass at Finals. The overall finish, that wasn't an issue. The rest of the program had a lot of weaknesses as compared to the rest of the field that beat them.

But I think John's made a point here. Have there been any times over since the 21st century ticked over that there's really been a serious issue I'd think we'd have heard about it here a few times over the past few years...? :satisfied:

:ninja:

Thanks for the props "W".. 1992 was my last year on the field, and the book we played and number of bodies we had should have been scored higher. some of the fans told us they thought we had the best bari line in the show that year. Playing the "Pagan Flight" number from Dragnet and "The Chase" from Naked Gun were seriously beyond anything our low brass had done up to that point, and I personally thought we smoked that show. NOW - if we had improved our visual content as much as the brass section cooked, we might have stayed ahead of the Bucs (yeah, we took 10th)

I see MBI working very hard the next 3 weeks and I guess it'll depend on what the panel coming here for the 2 shows will determine how they will be seeded going in to Rochester. Personally, Brass isn't the "corps du jour" this season - too many cogs in the wheel, and "we didn't spend the extra 25K" to make an appearance out East.

Stuff happens, y'all..We will see what we will see.

Pat

• Like 1

I see MBI working very hard the next 3 weeks and I guess it'll depend on what the panel coming here for the 2 shows will determine how they will be seeded going in to Rochester. Personally, Brass isn't the "corps du jour" this season - too many cogs in the wheel, and "we didn't spend the extra 25K" to make an appearance out East.

But you guys do have some shiny new duds to wear :)

• Like 1

I don't think it's necessary. I cannot think of a single year where they came east and didn't place right where they should have, or a year they did and over-achieved. If anything, I suspect they may get the benefit of the doubt when it comes to seeding shows.

agreed. those judges know what the top in the east have to offer

• Like 1

and since DCA offered ZERO shows out there back then, it's moot to this discussion ( even though I agree). While I love their shows in 09 and 10, they didn't come n and ended up where they should have