2014 Rankings (by most recent score)

i know jeff. but they did this all the way back in the 60's. just sayin

so because it was done in the 60's, it has to be done that way now?

because if you look..how many corps from the 60's are no longer with us, and a huge reason for many of them being gone is financial.

• Like 1

Yea Jeff ,and wasn't it Rochester that went belly up .Sold off every thing trying to pay long over due bills .

So ... what's considered Central PA? ... Carlisle? ... Harrisburg? ... Hershey? ... Altoona? ... like I've said in the past ... if a sponsor can "package" a show together with a local festival, celebration, charity, etc. they may have a better chance at success than a sole group going it alone ... good luck if you decide to pursue it ... maybe Reading will partner with you ...

:-)

Reading isn't really Central PA. they are more eastern and they have 2 shows.

honestly the issue around here is people got spoiled with Hershey....some DCA, some DCI, the Marines, low ticket prices. Outside of Hershey, there's few venues...well...ok no venue that could support a show like that. Hershey pretty much showed how little they can be trusted in 2005. The only celebrations or local festivals that maybe could make it work would be partnering with the city of Harrisburg, but then again, the city keeps changing the ones they have and begging for sponsors because the city is a financial disaster.

When Five Star tried to go DCA only in 06, even the stadium they had turned out not to work well. And they stopped running outdoor shows, followed 5 years later by ending their run of indoor shows

• Like 1

That is a good venue. I remember going to a DCA show there in 1997.

yeah but the fans didn't turn out in droves, which is why they never went back. it had logistical issues as well

• Like 1

I always thought of Lewisburg as more central Pa. then any one the others on the list here ,and its been used many many times by DCA and with large crowds .

and they lost their ### in 2013

Or Bloomsburg ,great college town ,Boomsburg Fair .one of the largest in the state .Also right off route 80 maybe a little closer to route 81 then Lewisburg .I know I had a business and lived in Wilkes -Barre and Hazeton for a short while .LOL wasn't short enough

Bloomsburg Fair is after finals

Yea Jeff ,and wasn't it Rochester that went belly up .Sold off every thing trying to pay long over due bills .

recently yes. wasn't the only one

• Like 1

The only celebrations or local festivals that maybe could make it work would be partnering with the city of Harrisburg, but then again, the city keeps changing the ones they have and begging for sponsors because the city is a financial disaster.

So ... BigW ... doesn't appear this will work in Central PA ... not sure where you go from here for support ...

Edited by ajlisko

So ... BigW ... doesn't appear this will work in Central PA ... not sure where you go from here for support ...

we just don't have a lot of "big" festivals around here. the only one MAYBE would be Jubilee Day in Mechanicsburg, which is only on a Thursday, and the stadium is....well...it's good for a small band show. Parking would be a HUGE nightmare.

trust me when I tell you Five Star looked at all kinds of options when Hershey was lost.

• Like 1

Altoona and Mount Carmel used to have if I remember right its been a long time since I was in either town Early season shows ,And if I recall a few years back wasn't there a show in Wilkes-Barre ? I guess that one didn't pan out either ,I know there's band shows in Hazeton ,and a one time long ago you had Black Diamond Regiment ,The stadium in Hazeton was fairly large I know the lights lit up where I lived there .

Edited by Florida Sun