Action Jackson!

Yep, but tonight was with Jeff Prosperie!

ok. Great judge. Saw Coats/Cadets live Friday night. Coats beating them in drums is zero surprise - their battery is excellent esp the snares.

• Like 1

When BD and SCV lines get into the mix it's going to be fun to watch. 4 AWESOME lines this year.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

I don't recall any excuses. Link?

We did "excuse" the Cadets beating Crown by only 1 point in drums on opening night due to two missing drummers and a flu bug.

Coats are ahead in drums - VERY mature snare line and VERY good battery overall.

It will be interesting to see if Cadets can close the gap or whether it will stick season-long

It was in the Achin' for Akron thread. If my memory serves me right. After scores were released on Monday.

Someone (i honestly do not remember who) remarked that the cadets will overtake them when theyre healthy.

Later clarifying that there was the flu bug.

A week later though.... still on top.

I'm on my phone so digging through the thread is incredibly tedious, im not up for it.

It was in the Achin' for Akron thread. If my memory serves me right. After scores were released on Monday.

Someone (i honestly do not remember who) remarked that the cadets will overtake them when theyre healthy.

I'm on my phone so digging through the thread is incredibly tedious, im not up for it.

I think you're mixing up MY comment regarding the flu bug in context with Crown. Cadets have been sick and battling 2 injuries - but personally I think Coats battery has a much more mature presence and sound than Cadets right now. They may not beat them this season. Regardless - Bluecoats are the real deal. I'd love them to win it all this year.

• Like 2

Well, the last tenor hasn't marched the show tonight. Now whether or not that has anything to do with why Bluecoats took drums, I don't know.

Tek im sick of scrolling through your signature its so big :tongue:

just wanted to bring that back up because i read it and laughed so hard :tongue:

You guys are hilarious lol

I was at Jackson. Had to sit in row 1 for accessibility issues. During the Cadets show I kept hearing Ronald Regan's voice in my head "Mr. George Hopkins, tear down this wall!" I could only see the top 1/3rd of most of the show. I know they do not care since it is designed to work for regionals and finals. But unless they add stuff later, the raised stage is not used very much. I think the score would score well without it.

• Like 1

Understatement of the day. Cadets are really something this year. They are performing at an extremely high level this time of year. They seem to have no weaknesses. I wasn't surprised Coats took them in drums although Cadets' drumline is freaking AWESOME. I can totally see it being a tradeoff for the rest of the season. My biggest shock of the day is how great Cadets' guard is.

Coats percussion content score pipped Cadets by .3; the achievement scores were only .1 apart; and we need to get Prosperie out of the press box and down on the field to get a truer gauge from him. Where we were sitting, there were noticeable segments where the Coats battery was all but covered up by synthesizer. That said, there is no question that these are both excellent drum lines.