Action Jackson!

IMO Bluecoats pit is better than Cadets...they certainly had the harder book. Cadets' pit are hardly exposed at all in their show so it was difficult to tell from where I was sitting how clean or not they were. I thought the drumlines were actually fairly close.

Edited by drumcorpsfan4567

Jackson Mini-review

Missed Raiders.

7th Regiment-WOW, can that smaller brassline play. They have a full enjoyable sound. I was pleasantly surprised/shocked.

Spirit- Very nice sound from the brass and the guard is very good. We need to clean the feet but it is June. I think they have a good show.

Boston- I may be in the minority but I LOVE BOSTON! This show is so novel, interesting and intriquing to watch. They will start getting the numbers once

they clean for it to come into fruition. The guard should be a force into a few more weeks. That whole guard was tossing so high, they could be

UFO's for Crown's show.

Bluecoats- Yes, this is the fan favorite this year by far and rightfully so. There's no thinking or multiple views required to get this show. It is pure technical

prowness, great music and an enticing visual show with more "staging then drill" IMO, but effective to drag you in. The "sound bend" at the end

will be in the running for this season's most effective "moment". Come August, I see them 2-4.

Cadets- Yes, this corps is undefeated because they are absolutely amazing. The visual program is literally a non-stop treat of superb marching, extensive

field coverage and a guard that will rival the best of the Cadet's guards. I think the issue to me that may separate them from Coats is the demand

of the show. Several times the brass are literally marching to a completely different tempo on the opposite side of the field than the percussion which engaged in an independent responsibility. Lastly, the Cadets are no where close to "peaking early". I watched the rehearsal during the day and the brass

caption head was ripping them apart for most of the day only to be ripped apart at full ensemble a bit more by the marching guy in the box.

Come August, 1-3.

Overall, Im nit-picking. Cadets and Bluecoats are absolute powerhouses and an absolute treat to see live. Best of luck to both of them this season.

Gino was fantastic. Brought back so many memories of when we used to get ripped apart in 2000, especially the trumpet section.

Gino was fantastic. Brought back so many memories of when we used to get ripped apart in 2000, especially the trumpet section.

For sure, and we also watched the entire percussion sectional in the stadium...it was a master class by Jake in how to dissect and hone in on minute musical details while keeping the momentum and efficiency of the rehearsal alive.

Cadets battery is moved around A LOT. Especially DURING their features. I think it will take a little while for their feet to get completely under them. With the younger group.

I don't think Prosperie was hearing enough content from the box to precisely differentiate Coats and Cadets pit and battery execution. My son has lost about 20 pounds since May, so they are definitely motoring around a lot and working hard to gain consistency and stamina...easy to forget that this is mostly a new crew from the Sanford-winning line last year.

• Like 1

Cadets battery is moved around A LOT. Especially DURING their features. I think it will take a little while for their feet to get completely under them. With the younger group.

I dont think the younger group means much. They are talented and have plenty of time to refine. My concern with them is their content score not their

achievement score. Lets see how things fall when the percussion guys are running out there on the field and are getting an up close view of the lines.

• Like 1

IMO Bluecoats pit is better than Cadets...they certainly had the harder book. Cadets' pit are hardly exposed at all in their show so it was difficult to tell from where I was sitting how clean or not they were. I thought the drumlines were actually fairly close.

Not exactly... In terms of ensemble and technical responsability Cadets have by far the more challenging book.

• Like 1

Not exactly... In terms of ensemble and technical responsability Cadets have by far the more challenging book.

Yes, and while their diagonal run in Kennedy, superimposed on the brass dying away is an awesome sequence, the stuff going on during the Roosevelt drill, in terms of technical difficulty on the move, is scary challenging!