Hostrauser's DCI Rankings - 2014 Week 1

“Answer me one question," said DCP. "Are these the shadows of the things that Will be, or are they shadows of things that May be, only?”

Still Hostrauser pointed downward to the list by which he stood.

“Corps' courses will foreshadow certain ends, to which, if persevered in, they must lead,” said DCP. “But if the courses be departed from, the ends will change. Say it is thus with what you show me!”

Hostrauser was immovable as ever.

• Like 4

“Answer me one question," said DCP. "Are these the shadows of the things that Will be, or are they shadows of things that May be, only?”

“Corps' courses will foreshadow certain ends, to which, if persevered in, they must lead,” said DCP. “But if the courses be departed from, the ends will change. Say it is thus with what you show me!”

Also sprach Zarat-hostrauser

• Like 1

One Ranking to Rule them All...

My name is Hostymandias, King of Geeks:
Look on my data, ye nerds, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level football fields stretch far away.
  • Like 3

So Dickens, Nietzsche, Tolkien, and Shelley, all in the same thread in less than twelve hours.

Edit: And Austen too!

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 2

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of statistics must be in want of a wife.

You jest, but maybe there's some truth to your variation there. Amazingly, my wife and I just celebrated the 12th anniversary or when we met, and we've been married over eight years. I know! I don't know how she does it, either. Because I've always been like this.

Edited by hostrauser

At first read this looked like sarcasm so I checked his first week rankings last year:

HOSTRAUSER'S DCI RANKINGS - Week 1 (6/24-6/30)

98.30 Carolina Crown

98.15 Blue Devils

98.10 The Cadets

95.45 Santa Clara Vanguard

93.85 Phantom Regiment

92.80 Bluecoats

91.05 Madison Scouts

89.75 Blue Knights

89.35 The Cavaliers

87.80 Boston Crusaders

86.95 Spirit of Atlanta

84.25 Pacific Crest

------------ Finals Cut-line ----------------

83.50 Blue Stars

83.20 Crossmen

82.50 Troopers

. . . hmmmmm . . . Not all that far off from finals results as far as E vs. W goes, except for the unfortunate Pacific Crest, . . . and Blue Knights if you consider Colorado part of the West Coast.

Carolina Crown 98.300

Blue Devils 98.050

The Cadets 96.950

Santa Clara Vanguard 96.850

Bluecoats 93.350

Phantom Regiment 93.250

The Cavaliers 90.500

Boston Crusaders 90.400

Madison Scouts 90.100

Blue Knights 87.750

Spirit of Atlanta 86.400

Blue Stars 85.450

His average score was only off by about 1.08. Thats pretty dang accurate for a week one estimate. I don't think mine would be that close even two weeks before finals!