Brass Impact! Overland Park KS

I wonder if the Tinman has to deal with high blood pressure and cholesterol issues now that he finally has a heart?

*spoiler*

The scarecrow talked the tinman into suicide by telling the tinman that dorothy only loved him (the scarecrow). After manipulating the tinman into thinking he is useless with his new heart, he offs himself in depression.

But the scarecrow will pay for his sins. And he knows this. For the tinman was his friend. And he killed him.

But in the land of oz, what else are you to do with such a brain?

Edited by Cleveland1
  • Like 1

*spoiler*

The scarecrow talked the tinman into suicide by telling the tinman that dorothy only loved him (the scarecrow). After manipulating the tinman into thinking he is useless with his new heart, he offs himself in depression.

But the scarecrow will pay for his sins. And he knows this. For the tinman was his friend. And he killed him.

But in the land of oz, what else are you to do with such a brain?

...I thought the Scarecrow wanted to be with Dorthy and was jealous of the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion....

Guess I better relisten to the show.

...I thought the Scarecrow wanted to be with Dorthy and was jealous of the Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion....

Guess I better relisten to the show.

He explicitly states that they died. And that he is responsible for it.

He explicitly states that they died. And that he is responsible for it.

Right. He killed somebody in the story because he wanted to be with Dorthy!

In all honesty, it's kinda neat and kinda bizarre at the same time. I've only heard the early season clip that was on Youtube, and I'm sure the story has been tweaked a bit.

I don't mind the clarifications from those of you who are more into the narration, so thanks!

Colts: It must be pointed out that during one winter camp Mr. Wayne Harris (storyteller) said the show will be "an eleven minute soliloquy." The marching members believe they are there to support the narrative! (My son marches with the corps and he has been told this) Surely it ought to be the other way around? There is at least one major brass hit that is drowned out by the narration.

To support the narrative or to support the narration? Those are two different things.

• Like 1

To support the narrative or to support the narration? Those are two different things.

It's OK to split hairs - that's what we do here :-) I contend, in this case, they are one and the same.

The message I'm trying to put across is this: one member, the story teller is, the lead, the focus of the Colts show. The musicians are merely producing background music. As mentioned in earlier posts, the audience is confused by the story teller. Remember Mr. Harris's quote to members, staff, parents, and volunteers... "an eleven minute soliloquy."

Gotcha. Just to clarify what I meant: in my opinion, Phantom Regiment's 2008 show "Spartacus" had a narrative, but almost no narration.

I really like what Colts are attempting this year - yes it still has issues - but I'm sure they will be worked out. I "got" it right away - Scarecrow has taken over Oz - he's evil (I liked the throne up front), dressed as a slick businessman to draw parallels with today - I get it - it's not hard to get.

Does the narration overtake the music at some points - yep - do I think it will be fixed by DCI - absolutely.

I don't usually spend much time watching Colts. They've rarely had shows that really appealed to me or made me want to watch from start to finish - and this one does.

It's dark and strange and weird and off center - and isn't vanilla - so I really appreciate that.

And for those of you who think distorting "Oz" doesn't work - just look to "Wicked" on Broadway

Can't wait to see it live later this summer.

Later,

Mike

• Like 4