PPL Patibulation - Chester, PA -- 6 July 2014

ok cool. I know Cadets are busily adding a bunch of things today and tomorrow ahead of tomorrow nights date with BD. I'm sure Coats are just as busy. Crown is practicing like crazy this week. I honestly think by next week some of the placements will swap and the gaps will open up..

George, I completely agree with you on your point.

cfirwin3 you said this: We typically do not see this type of competition and the scores to back it up. We usually know that 1 out of 2 groups is going to win by the end of the 2nd week. I don't think we are going to know who out of about 4 or 5 are going to win until the final performance is over.

I have to disagree with you on your point. That's just too much to put on our adjudicators to have 4 or 5 vying for the title. Trust me it will be clearer right around San Antonio no later than Atlanta and it won't be 4 or 5 more like a two pony race with a third sticking around.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I kind of think BD is about .5 of Cadets and they will top Coats by about 1.2 tonight. I would be shocked if BD was points over the other 3 at this point. Their scores have come down after that 86.

Cadets NOT putting in the uniform and cumberbund changes for tomorrow night. Which I find interesting... Those are being saved

Cadets NOT putting in the uniform and cumberbund changes for tomorrow night. Which I find interesting... Those are being saved

No secret in Cadet-land. I honestly like their strategy. Let's see how they stack up against BD with what they have.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Are these cummerbund changes supposed to happen while they're performing or are they coming onto the field with different cummerbunds?

Are these cummerbund changes supposed to happen while they're performing or are they coming onto the field with different cummerbunds?

I can't imagine trying to do a cummerbund change when I wore the uniform. Aunt Nellie had me held together with so many safety pins it would have taken me the entire show just to get the first one off, let alone put another one on. :tounge2:

• Like 2

they are already programmed into the drill - you will see at the end of part 2 for example the brass line is down front on both sides - they kneel down behind the judge block wall and then stand back up to go into part 3. I assume that's when they would be changed. The guard is similar - either going in behind the stage or to the back yard line allowing time to strip off the layered uniforms

I imagine the cummerbund are velcro and two sided to simplify this switch... Should be a very cool effect

The cumberbund changes are already built into the show they just have to actually do it. If you have viewed their show, during the second part where the horn-line marches stage right and they all go down to one knee in a ripple? That is the change to the second cumberbund (I can't give it all away on how they do it), the last change occurs during the concert french horn solo (common man) when they kneel in front of the field blockers. It will work quite nicely, IMO.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

they are already programmed into the drill - you will see at the end of part 2 for example the brass line is down front on both sides - they kneel down behind the judge block wall and then stand back up to go into part 3. I assume that's when they would be changed. The guard is similar - either going in behind the stage or to the back yard line allowing time to strip off the layered uniforms

I imagine the cummerbund are velcro and two sided to simplify this switch... Should be a very cool effect

Bingo!!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I can't imagine trying to do a cummerbund change when I wore the uniform. Aunt Nellie had me held together with so many safety pins it would have taken me the entire show just to get the first one off, let alone put another one on. :tounge2:

The drop sash will be going away in order to do this cumerbund change.

Irving

Fan of the Arts