PPL Patibulation - Chester, PA -- 6 July 2014

The drop sash will be going away in order to do this cumerbund change.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

That should be interesting.

That should be interesting.

I can already hear you silently hitting yourself.

True, but just like any others opinions expressed on here, he is entitled to it, and we should be leary of assailing it, even if we might not agree with his assessments and observations, as it appears here that you don't. You migght want to share your observations and assessments on where you might disagree with his. That way, we all here can observe the disparate positions between the two of you on it.

I was just making an observation since Mr. Dixon has had valid remarks in other posts. I am not an expert and would never claim to be. As I said I am new here and one thing I have learned from reading posts for months before posting is it doesn't seem to take much to get peoples panties in a bunch sometimes in here. People way too defensive.. An opinion is just that..an opinion..everyone has one. :wow:

Goatees, no drop sash. I can here the rumblings beginning with the alumni already. Like a big boil on GH's rear ready to erupt.

• Like 1

Goatees, no drop sash. I can here the rumblings beginning with the alumni already. Like a big boil on GH's rear ready to erupt.

Beginning? I'm afraid alumni has wasted no time complaining about these issues?

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I was just making an observation since Mr. Dixon has had valid remarks in other posts. I am not an expert and would never claim to be. As I said I am new here and one thing I have learned from reading posts for months before posting is it doesn't seem to take much to get peoples panties in a bunch sometimes in here. People way too defensive.. An opinion is just that..an opinion..everyone has one. :wow:

My suggestion is to learn how to post without ego attached. Someone will always have something to say, that's just the nature of this beast.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

To add to your comment, no one would have noticed that some (very few) members are sporting goatees until a photo was posted on facebook and then the firestorm began. And I personally think the no drop sash is going to give the Cadets a really fresh look to compliment their show concept. Alumni complained back in 2005 as well as 2011 when the Cadets altered the traditonal uniform and both those years they won DCI championships.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

To add to your comment, no one would have noticed that some (very few) members are sporting goatees until a photo was posted on facebook and then the firestorm began. And I personally think the no drop sash is going to give the Cadets a really fresh look to compliment their show concept. Alumni complained back in 2005 as well as 2011 when the Cadets altered the traditonal uniform and both those years they won DCI championships.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Alumni will find anything to complain about.

I hear you. I understand ( at least to some degree, anyway) that some people are perhaps of a sensitive nature. They might want to give their opinion here by posting but are fearful that someone on here will criticize them on what they post. But I would just hope the overly sensitive like this would just jump from the cliff into the waters here. Nobody has died jumping into the DCP waters here... heck nobody has gotten physically injured or even received a visible bruiise or scratch. Nobody to my knowledge has had their sensitive feelings hurt to the degree they need therapy, or kleemex tissues, a backrub, or even a warm soothing bath with bath oils, flowers ,and a box of chocolates. Participation here on DCP is not going to lead to hives, shingles, menstrual issues, erectile dysfunction, or any other perceived medical, physical, sexual, or mental infimities. Its nowhere near the calamnity that the overly sensitive types think that posting here might cause them. So my hope that they set aside their DCP phobia and just jump into the waters here and swim with the rest of us in the water. The waters might be a bit chilly once you jump in, but after the initial shock, the waters are basically pretty warm and tame, imo.