What corps is the biggest surprise this year?

Hate to start with the negative, but my positive surprises have been pretty well covered. The biggest negative surprise for me, to my great disappointed, is how meh I feel about SCV's show this year. Their Scheherazade show from a decade ago is one of my favorite shows and I was really hoping SCV would take a step forward this season and compete for a title. It is still early, of course, but without some major changes I don't see their show this year putting them in contention. I'm just left feeling a little indifferent toward it, which is strange since SCV had my favorite shows for the last few years.

I'm a left wing democrat and most of you guys are right wing republicans so we AIN'T going there. Sorry! end of point. PERIOD.....

I'm pretty sure Hop is left wing as well.

I'm pretty sure Hop is left wing as well.

The situations that Lincoln, FDR and JFK faced transcended any political jive.

The situations that Lincoln, FDR and JFK faced transcended any political jive.

Agreed. Only point it out because eric49 doesn't seem to like whatever he sees Hop "preaching" about even though they're probably of the same political bent.

Agreed. Only point it out because eric49 doesn't seem to like whatever he sees Hop "preaching" about even though they're probably of the same political bent.

I see Cadets show as pure Americana.....unabashed patriotism with no apologies, and no connection to a political agenda, IMHO.

• Like 1

I see Cadets show as pure Americana.....unabashed patriotism with no apologies, and no connection to a political agenda, IMHO.

god, you people love to twist others words around. did I in any way refer to this year's cadets show as specifically political. if any thing it's sappy sentimentalism. just like people who have to rant and rave about their religious views, my approach is live and practice what you believe, don't go around slapping people in the face with your opinions.

ok now you all can have hissy fits about my anti patriotism or whatever you want to call it. have at it. see you later

god, you people love to twist others words around. did I in any way refer to this year's cadets show as specifically political. if any thing it's sappy sentimentalism. just like people who have to rant and rave about their religious views, my approach is live and practice what you believe, don't go around slapping people in the face with your opinions.

ok now you all can have hissy fits about my anti patriotism or whatever you want to call it. have at it. see you later

Actually, you stated "social, political, religious, sappy sentimental" views. Sorry we weren't able to truly decipher that you only meant one of them.

Our bad.

• Like 2

Again, I think it's disgusting when GH uses the Cadets to air his social, political, religious, sappy sentimental views.

I'm sure I've touched a lot of nerves. So bring it on, but you're wasting your time, you'll not get a rise from me :)

I realize everyone else has taken their turn with your words here, but allow me to comment on this as well. Regardless of what view people here on DCP (and elsewhere) have of GH, he is not using HIS social, political, or religious views in the show. They are the views of former Presidents of our nation (and a few from the current President). They are quotes that have significant meaning in American history, regardless of who you like or voted for. Much of the dialog comes straight from Copland's masterpiece "Lincoln Protrait." At no point in the show are you asked to be democrat or republican; Christian or Jew or Hindu or Atheist or Islam, etc.; and at no point are you told what to believe.

The sad thing about your comments is they clearly establish that you don't listen very well, you are not capable of discerning what is said vs. what you think someone was preaching to you, and your hatred of GH (or Cadets or narration) has blinded you to what is really taking place. A lot of people get this way. They see and hear what they want to because they can't accept the truth. Perhaps they are too competitive, maybe they carry a grudge, or perhaps they just can't see beyond a corps' methods and show design in order to fully grasp what is happening.

• Like 5

I realize everyone else has taken their turn with your words here, but allow me to comment on this as well. Regardless of what view people here on DCP (and elsewhere) have of GH, he is not using HIS social, political, or religious views in the show. They are the views of former Presidents of our nation (and a few from the current President). They are quotes that have significant meaning in American history, regardless of who you like or voted for. Much of the dialog comes straight from Copland's masterpiece "Lincoln Protrait." At no point in the show are you asked to be democrat or republican; Christian or Jew or Hindu or Atheist or Islam, etc.; and at no point are you told what to believe.

The sad thing about your comments is they clearly establish that you don't listen very well, you are not capable of discerning what is said vs. what you think someone was preaching to you, and your hatred of GH (or Cadets or narration) has blinded you to what is really taking place. A lot of people get this way. They see and hear what they want to because they can't accept the truth. Perhaps they are too competitive, maybe they carry a grudge, or perhaps they just can't see beyond a corps' methods and show design in order to fully grasp what is happening. Oh

Once again, did i say anything about this show being political? Let me put it in the most simple of terms, and call me anti american or whatever you like. I hate partriotic shows of any kind. Period.

I should add that, IMO, these kinds of offerings more often than not play on people's emotions for all the wrong reasons.

Edited by eric49