That's what I'm talkin about Blue Stars! :thumbup:

Way too much crap on the field. It's distracting & messy.

What was expected as a nasty weather night turned out to be bad winds only. 6PM start appreciated on a Sunday night.

The Classic Cavaliers (14-16 horns) handsomely entertained on the concourse with several great brass-only numbers before the contest.

The Banner was sung with good pitch by a female vocalist.

Chrome domes Racine Scouts opened the evening. Good arrangement of "Always Chasing Rainbows."

The Troopers had perfect timing with their introductory narrated announcement ... and this is not an exact quote .... but something about "knocking down the house" ... and right on cue, several front panels toppled over in the fierce wind. Fun pinwheels on the 50. This show has beautiful drill, and will be appreciated more from higher seats in big venues. Lincoln's portrait is difficult to make out in small stadiums. The flag movements are wonderful throughout this program.

The flags in the Blue Stars Moving Day show reminded me of old bedsheets from Zayre. Or Ayr-Way. Or Woolco. Or grandma's third string linens.

Hooted over the rifle tosses above the futon-couch-sofa-davenport. The guard nailed several well-timed tosses. There is a bit of Salvation Army furniture in this show. The front panels also toppled over in the wind, so it was amazing to see how lickety-split fast the blue movers garb came off, and the usual uniform appeared.

There are times when Madison's dizzying drill is thrilling to watch. When the guard's psychedelic colors appear, this is a great contrast against the horn's white uniforms. This is not an emotional Madison show as is years past, but the groovy music is a thrill to hear.

One of the best things about Lisle is the concession's beer. Tall, cold beer.

Bought a XL Blue Devils Rite of Spring t-shirt for $5.

At the start of Phantom Regiment, about 5 staff helped corral the flapping front black panels.

Then the Blue Devils put on a guard clinic, WOW! Must see this show again. Lots to enjoy.

The Cavaliers haunting music is ideal for their immortal theme. Sinister flag work. A few brass splats during the ending.

Excellent stadium PA announcer from local ABC channel 7 news. Later, on the 10PM Sunday night Chicago newscast, a short montage played at the tail end of the broadcast of Phantom Regiment, Blue Devils, and Madison.

Yeah, Houdini is still one of my favorite shows ever. Gonna be hard to top that one, but I really dig this show design.

Ahh Houdini, I reminisce about those days... FCO guys, can't wait to see you at LaCrosse. I'd be performing with the Alumni Corps if I could've made rehearsals but it's so hard with my job :/.

Way too much crap on the field. It's distracting & messy.

That's what I'm talking bout'--------tell it how it is

Edited by Anstig

Ahh Houdini, I reminisce about those days... FCO guys, can't wait to see you at LaCrosse. I'd be performing with the Alumni Corps if I could've made rehearsals but it's so hard with my job :/.

You didnt have to go to rehearsals. MY first time playing will be friday. Some last minute learning the music this week :tongue:

You didnt have to go to rehearsals. MY first time playing will be friday. Some last minute learning the music this week :tongue:

Gosh, am I ever out of the loop... what years did you march?