Wayne, NJ Predictions Thread

>>The Bucs have been practicing for a month and I'm sure that didn't hurt them.<<

So ... I'm curious to what the Buc's schedule has been between Wildwood and Wayne ... I checked their website and unless I'm looking in the wrong place, could not find any indication of practices, parades, F&F's or, anything regarding their activity ... anyone in the know know what they've been up to? ... with the 4th of July holiday in the middle of their hiatus from competition, I would imagine it would have been a killer opp to earn some serious $$$ in parades ...

Again ... just curious ...

:-)

>>The Bucs have been practicing for a month and I'm sure that didn't hurt them.<<

So ... I'm curious to what the Buc's schedule has been between Wildwood and Wayne ... I checked their website and unless I'm looking in the wrong place, could not find any indication of practices, parades, F&F's or, anything regarding their activity ... anyone in the know know what they've been up to? ... with the 4th of July holiday in the middle of their hiatus from competition, I would imagine it would have been a killer opp to earn some serious $$$ in parades ...

Again ... just curious ...

I'm sure they rehearsed every weekend. No way they would take a weekend or two off

>>I'm sure they rehearsed every weekend. No way they would take a weekend or two off<<

I do not doubt they rehearsed ... what I asked was what else they did as an organization ... with all the rhetoric in various threads about the costs involved with running a corps, I wondered if Reading used their time-off to do some paying parades and/or exhibitions ...

• Like 1

So ... I'm curious to what the Buc's schedule has been between Wildwood and Wayne ...

They've rehearsed their typical 7-11 fri night, 9-9 sat, and 9-4:15 sun every weekend. Only exception was the 4th where they marched the 5 parade MD tour.

One interesting thought, they actually gained rehearsal time by not going to Bridgeport. Not only did they not have to travel, but they gained that Sunday as a rehearsal day that they typically would have taken off after their return from Bridgeport. I'm sure they've added elements to the show and have had a lot of cleaning time, but 4 weeks in between judge reads is a long time.

I wonder why they didn't go to Bridgeport this year? Save money? Anyone know?

>>They've rehearsed their typical 7-11 fri night, 9-9 sat, and 9-4:15 sun every weekend. Only exception was the 4th where they marched the 5 parade MD tour.

I wonder why they didn't go to Bridgeport this year? Save money? Anyone know?<<

Thanks for the definitive answer ... glad to see they earned some jing in the MD parades ... as far as the Barnum, I stated before that it was most likely economics on both sides as to why they were not there ...

I think early season, having a 3 or 4 weekends of rehearsal is going to yield more than having more shows. You lose a lot of rehearsal time on show weekends compared to camps. Bucs went toe to toe with Cabs & Fusion at WW, and came out on top, if only by a half a point or so. I think we will see a bit more of a spread at Wayne. The interesting thing will be to see if Fusion can surprise everyone and overtake the Cabs....

Bucs 83.8

Fusion 82.3

Cabs 82.2

C2 79.5

Bush 78.9
CV 77.2
Hurcs 75.0

Sun 74.1
WR 73.6

Bucs spent the last three weeks with their normal rehearsal schedule: 7pm to 11pm Fridays, 8:30am to 8:30pm Saturdays and 9am to 4pm Sundays. They made some pennies doing the 5 parades in Maryland on the 4th, followed that up with a 10am to 7:30pm Saturday complete with corps picnic and history night immediately following and then finished things off with their normal 9am to 4pm Sunday...you know...just kinda been hanging out in Reading.

As for Bridgeport...I hear it was purely economical.

I think early season, having a 3 or 4 weekends of rehearsal is going to yield more than having more shows. You lose a lot of rehearsal time on show weekends compared to camps. Bucs went toe to toe with Cabs & Fusion at WW, and came out on top, if only by a half a point or so. I think we will see a bit more of a spread at Wayne. The interesting thing will be to see if Fusion can surprise everyone and overtake the Cabs....

Bucs 83.8

Fusion 82.3

Cabs 82.2

C2 79.5

Bush 78.9

CV 77.2

Hurcs 75.0

Sun 74.1

WR 73.6

I love Fusion fans enthusiasm for sure. They barely beat Cabs score from a week ago, I don't know why they think they have a chance this week at beating them. I'm sure the Cabs rehearsed this weekend so you can bet they got better. I get excitement for sure but keep it realistic so the members aren't let down when it doesn't happen.

Fusion's show isn't on the same level as Cabs or Bucs (the two are basically neck and neck for 1st place). While Fusion has a chance at the Top 4 this year, as of right now Cabs and Bucs are in a fight for the gold, something Fusion is not even close to being considered for

Edited by DCAfan85

In Wildwood the Bucs showed that their design was just at a different level than the other two.

Completely respect from your coming from here, but IMO I don't agree. Cabs and Bucs were less than half a point from each other which is the closest anyone ever has been to Reading during the regular season in the last decade except for, wait for it, Cabs in 07 at the Grand Prix.

Given that most reports from that show say Cabs should have won, and that Bucs had members bumping into each other on the field most of the show, I don't think anyone can say this year that their program is "On a different level", Just my humble opinion.

• Like 1

There is a point during the season when show design and program success stop being fed from what was discussed in October the previous year and takes flight with reads from the Judging community. Having only one read, if they cleaned alot off of that read, they might have really hurt themselves. Or they could come out and pop a 90 and put any questions to bed on their strategy.

My bigger question is, what does that do to mid-season shows if this formula works? Why not just come out in Wildwood, hit a mid season show like the Grand Prix, host your own show late season, and go to finals. 4 shows, more rehearsal time, better scores in the end. I personally am not a fan of this idea as it would all but kill off some of these great smaller shows during the season and would drive audiences away.. but if an organization is all about the W at the end of the year... this might be a formula that catches on. I hope it doesn't.