Wayne, NJ Predictions Thread

Current Top 5:

1. Fusion Corps 81.75

2. Cabs 81.30

3. MN Brass 77.10

4. Cadets2 76.85

5. Bucs 76.45

Very interesting! Last year, the Bucs improved from a 78.05 at Wildwood to an 83.85 at Clifton 4 weeks later...and that was WITH a judges read in between. Giving them the benefit of the doubt that having ZERO shows for a whole month isn't a detriment to them and they improve by the same 5.8 points over 4 weeks....that would put the Bucs at a 82.25 next week in Wayne. Who else thinks they'll finish 3rd next weekend?

1st Place - Cabs - 83.80

2nd Place - Fusion Core - 82.75

3rd Place - Bucs - 82.25

Discuss.....

I don't think Fusion will beat Reading or be that close to Cabs, I think Fusion will start to plateau here so maybe an 82.6. I do think Cabs will top Reading at this show.

Cabs 84.60

Reading 83.95

Fusion 82.2

Edited by DCAfan85
  • Like 2

Can't wait to see where Sunrisers fit in the picture ,they had a 4 day camp this week-end that ended with Family & Friends watching a full dress run through in all new uniforms .I'm hoping they come on strong for a good showning at there frist contest of 2014

I'm not touching this one with a ten foot pole!

We'll see where matters stand when the dust settles in about 6 days. An interesting thing to remember though, is that when all is said and done, there will still be almost 2 MONTHS left in the season! A lot can change in that amount of time. No matter what happens though, it certainly promises to be one of the most exciting shows of the season. Can't wait to be a part of it.

Good luck everyone. Looking forward to it!

Dan

• Like 2

whoever scores highest wins

• Like 3

I have no prediction of scores or placement..... (my one prediction comes at the end of this post). What I DO predict is that every corps will derive tremendous benefit from this contest.

The top corps, sans MBI, will be on the field to set the pecking order for the early summer, making future scores more meaningful for comparisons....

The top corps, sans MBI, will be on the field driving each other to a TOP performance..... the cost of being flat will never be higher.

Corps like from Cabs, Bucs, Fusion will give first and second appearance corps like Sun the need to hit the ground running.

Corps like Atlanta CV will be big winners by getting an early season mixing and reading with the corps they face at finals. When CV goes back to their local schedule, every corps they see will be able to "slot" (ouch) themselves roughly against the Grand Prix Corps....... other threads talk of how to spread drum corps through the country..... CV becomes the measuring stick of the south.....

Most of all, 2,020 drum corps fans will see the show of the year. (Do I get credit for predicting that the attendance will be EXACTLY 2,020 ?)

Joe Dz

• Like 4

DrumCorpsNutt said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Bucs are now one of those "first and second appearance corps".

Bucs wouldn't qualify as a "first or second appearance corps" during a snowstorm in the middle of the April for purposes of my explanation and description. Until defeated, they are the TOP corps in the show.

However, YOUR point is well taken.... after three weeks off, they'd better hit the ground running, too, or find their reserved seat at the top taken ! (Your point makes the contest even more important for them)

Thanks,

Joe

• Like 1

What I'm most interested to see is if the Bucs strategy from the last few weeks pays off or not. If they come out Saturday and 3 point the competition, well that kind of sends a message to the rest of the circuit that it's okay to take a few weeks off from contests during the season. Likewise, if they do loose their undefeated title, it reaffirms what has been said many times over, which is to be prepared by Wildwood and how each contest is valuable during the season.

Fusion should have some good momentum coming from their first win last week so this show is well worth the ticket price to see the top 3 slug it out. And let's not forget Atlanta CV and where they might fall.

Edited by irishbugle

I know its fun to talk about all the "what if" scenarios, but after seeing Bucs, Cabs and Fusion in Wildwood and then the Cabs and Fusion in Bayonne, I will be interested to see the Bucs again this weekend. Cabs are off to a great start and Fusion is making themselves a name for sure. In Wildwood the Bucs showed that their design was just at a different level than the other two. The Bucs have been practicing for a month and I'm sure that didn't hurt them. Looking forward to seeing CV this weekend too.

I'll be there, on the 50.

Please, no more statistics from previous years.