Wayne, NJ Predictions Thread

And for an encore we are pulling Frank Ponzo out of a hat in all his white satin splendor! ;)

Dan

Yeah...about that....ummmmm....ummmm....NO!!! LOL

• Like 1

It's called having fun. It's kind of like, "Hey. Who do you think is gonna win? The Sox or the Yankees?" Then, people have fun pretending they know why their favorite team is gonna win. Maybe they bust a little balls, poke some fun about their friend's team, you know, rile people up and get excited about the game.

Does I really think that Fusion will definitely beat the Cabs on Saturday? Probably not, but do I think that it's possible? Absolutely! I also like the fact that some are implying that maybe we are forgetting about Atlanta CV. How cool would it be to have not only Fusion knocking on the door of the Cabs, but to have CV right on their tail.

Then all three would be chasing the Bucs. I kind of think they are still on top until someone actually beats them at a show. I know some people feel like they did, but until it actually happens, that's all it is....Feelings, whoah oh oh....Feelings.

And let's not forget about that corps from the land of ice and snow. If MB is as good as their scores indicate, we could be looking at something like this at Finals for a Top 5....

Bucs

MBI

CV

Fusion

Cabs

I like the idea that these five corps could be in any order. Or, who knows, maybe Bush or Cadets2 make a major push and bump one of these great corps out of the Top 5? The point is, I like it when drum corps is competitive and their is some rabble-rousing going on before the show.

Don't you, Irishbugle?

So I just want to pose this question... and I want to start off by saying that I am in no way trying to change your opinion. I completely respect a healthy conversation and I strongly encourage people to post their opinions on this forum, so please don't take this as an attack. You may be right with these predictions.

I am just wondering why people think Fusion might overtake the Cabs? I'm not saying they aren't capable, or it won't happen, or anything like that. But for these predictions to be posted, obviously people think it might happen on Saturday. Is it just a gut feeling that Cabs will come out flat, or that Fusion deserves to be higher?

Cabs were 2 points higher than Fusion in their last outing and 1.45 and 1.7 before that. Cabs rehearsed all last weekend where Fusion competed. If we feel that Bucs should stay on top after rehearsing the last few weeks, than that same logic should apply all the way around right?

I'm not looking to sway anyone, or defend my own opinion so please don't take it that way. I'm just looking to see what the basis is here for Fusion to have a BIG jump and Cabs to lay an egg essentially.

Ultimately, I'm just enjoying this conversation and want to see it go further.

It's called having fun. It's kind of like, "Hey. Who do you think is gonna win? The Orioles, of course!!!"

Edited for accuracy. :tongue:

I like the idea that these five corps could be in any order. Or, who knows, maybe Bush or Cadets2 make a major push and bump one of these great corps out of the Top 5? The point is, I like it when drum corps is competitive and their is some rabble-rousing going on before the show.

Don't you, Irishbugle?

I absolutely agree. But I also know that some people do put some considerable thought into their predictions, so that's why I asked. Its all in good fun of course.

I absolutely agree. But I also know that some people do put some considerable thought into their predictions, so that's why I asked. Its all in good fun of course.

Well, you do have a history of taking issue with anyone who might say something that put Cabs on the short end of the stick. In this case predicting Fusion over Cabs this weekend, and with me a couple of times in the past. You took particular issue in 2011 when I wrote in a show review that Cabs had no chance of winning, and backed it up with several reasons why. You must admit to getting pretty testy.

I always chuckle when folks say stuff like, "It's anybody's game" or "Every corps has a shot". No, not every corps has a shot, and the game belongs only to the corps serious about playing it.

I'm going to guess, for Bucs to continue on with a win on Saturday, it will have meant they made several changes since Wildwood, worked very hard over the past weeks, maybe harder than they needed to do in recent years. Would really love to see CV make a strong statement, and I predict they will. I'll be attending with one of their founding members who'll be driving up from Atlanta. Our ride back to his hotel will enjoy a buzz like that.

Now, Is there any 'best way' to get to the stadium from Route 80 coming from the West? It seems from Google maps, there will be MANY blocks of city streets to travel once off Route 80. Nice-looking streets, however!

Thanks.

Well, you do have a history of taking issue with anyone who might say something that put Cabs on the short end of the stick. In this case predicting Fusion over Cabs this weekend, and with me a couple of times in the past. You took particular issue in 2011 when I wrote in a show review that Cabs had no chance of winning, and backed it up with several reasons why. You must admit to getting pretty testy.

I always chuckle when folks say stuff like, "It's anybody's game" or "Every corps has a shot". No, not every corps has a shot, and the game belongs only to the corps serious about playing it.

I'd like to think I'm pretty level headed about it most of the time. I know I certainly don't get as testy as some others on here that we know. I have been supporting the Cabs vocally more so than the other local Corps in the DCA circuit because I believe they were getting the shaft a little back in 2011 and 2012 but I don't think I ever thought they should have been a clear winner or undefeated or anything. As far as what you write, I'm usually on the same page with you so I'm surprised I had a counterpoint. Wish I could go back and re-read that.

Either way, If Fusion takes over Cabs this weekend, it will be because they deserve it and have earned it. I'm not taking issue with that at all in anyone's post. I was just wondering why they though that it might happen. Pretty much asking to elaborate for a healthy discussion.

I'd like to think I'm pretty level headed about it most of the time. I know I certainly don't get as testy as some others on here that we know. I have been supporting the Cabs vocally more so than the other local Corps in the DCA circuit because I believe they were getting the shaft a little back in 2011 and 2012 but I don't think I ever thought they should have been a clear winner or undefeated or anything. As far as what you write, I'm usually on the same page with you so I'm surprised I had a counterpoint. Wish I could go back and re-read that.

Either way, If Fusion takes over Cabs this weekend, it will be because they deserve it and have earned it. I'm not taking issue with that at all in anyone's post. I was just wondering why they though that it might happen. Pretty much asking to elaborate for a healthy discussion.

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php/topic/146209-wildwood-nj-review/?p=3016764