Wayne, NJ Predictions Thread

I'm going to guess, for Bucs to continue on with a win on Saturday, it will have meant they made several changes since Wildwood, worked very hard over the past weeks, maybe harder than they needed to do in recent years. Would really love to see CV make a strong statement, and I predict they will. I'll be attending with one of their founding members who'll be driving up from Atlanta. Our ride back to his hotel will enjoy a buzz like that.

Now, Is there any 'best way' to get to the stadium from Route 80 coming from the West? It seems from Google maps, there will be MANY blocks of city streets to travel once off Route 80. Nice-looking streets, however!

Thanks.

Follow whatever google maps says....that IS the only way to get there, unfortunately!

And I know you use the term "Nice-looking streets" VERY loosely!! LOL :shutup:

Haha. Ok we'll admittedly that is a pretty good example to make your point. Must have been a bad hair day or something. But I think I've been pretty leveled headed every other time. :tounge2:

FWIW, I'm not of the opinion that Fusion passes Cabs or Bucs this year. But they absolutely can finish in the 3-4 spots.

Fred Windish, on 09 Jul 2014 - 11:09 AM, said:

snapback.png

I'm going to guess, for Bucs to continue on with a win on Saturday, it will have meant they made several changes since Wildwood, worked very hard over the past weeks, maybe harder than they needed to do in recent years. Would really love to see CV make a strong statement, and I predict they will. I'll be attending with one of their founding members who'll be driving up from Atlanta. Our ride back to his hotel will enjoy a buzz like that.

Now, Is there any 'best way' to get to the stadium from Route 80 coming from the West? It seems from Google maps, there will be MANY blocks of city streets to travel once off Route 80. Nice-looking streets, however!

Thanks.

Fred,

Piece of cake !

80 West to Squirrewood Road PATERSON exit (you exit to right and immediately pass OVER Route 80......... to first left (Glover Ave)

Through one light to a "T" intersection (Totowa Ave) Turn Right onto Totowa Ave......

Totowa Ave to first light (John F Kennedy HS bright red fence is on right) TURN LEFT onto PREAKNESS AVE.......

STAY on Preakness Ave until top of long hill at softball/soccer field make right.... School entrance is just ahead on right.

I'm sure of those directions.... when you get off 80, you're 2 blocks from my house.... the rest of the route is the way I went to work at Passaic County Tech for 40 years........

Reverse route brings you right back to Route 80 West........ (unless you want to enjoy a nice breakfast at Park West Dinner on Route 46....... After dinner, it's one mile or so on 46 to 80 West !)

Enjoy !

Joe Dz

• Like 2

Minnesota has a DCI show Friday night and will have a score. I wonder how that number will figure into the mix. :tounge2:

JoeDZ- The directions you provided look great! Thanks. Now, if you, or Frank Ponzo can tell me where Cabs Alumni will be practicing, Tom Walsh and I will be all set to go. He's looking forward to seeing all of you again.

Forecast for Saturday in the Allentown area is sunny with a high of 85. Can't be too much different in Wayne.

Fred

I'll help you out with that Fred.

The Cabs Alumni will be rehearsing in Clifton starting around 10am before heading over to the show.

Location: Oak Ridge Park (Eddie Mayo Field) 1055 Clifton Ave.

• Like 1

JoeDZ- The directions you provided look great! Thanks. Now, if you, or Frank Ponzo can tell me where Cabs Alumni will be practicing, Tom Walsh and I will be all set to go. He's looking forward to seeing all of you again.

Forecast for Saturday in the Allentown area is sunny with a high of 85. Can't be too much different in Wayne.

Fred

Saturday's Wayne, NJ, forecast from Weather.com:

"Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the upper 60s."

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• Like 2