Fort Wayne Formication - 7/8/14

By the way... CONGRATULATIONS to the corps from Nashville, TN, Music City! Great to see you on the field!

Hats off to all who came together in making it happen. Great job tonight in your first show of the year! A very talented drum line and a brass line that sounded pretty good for an early season show. Another large corps on the field. Looks good. Here's hoping you make it to semis again this year!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 3

People still use IE? :tongue:

coders call that Internet Exploder

Can anyone else get the fn feed back? Having trouble- was gonna watch BD :-/

Only a center mic array tonight, no flanking mics. So, pickup on the amps is relatively low on the feed.

really need some dead rabbits on there. real wind protection. c'mon. you can't put mics up in wind like that. well, you can. but it blows.

to be fair, the sound on this livecast is better than any previous, including the cinecast. for that i'm grateful.

not as it stands, the segment in the middle right before the ballad all needs rewritten / they do seem to be getting a grip on the challenger closer drill though which is a big plus

dilettante.

What a talented corps Boston is!

Unfortunately, the designers have let these kids down. Way too ODD. Don't know how better to put it. Turn this talent loose with better material next year. They deserve standing ovations throughout.

ROFL.... you freak! Don't know how better to put you. wow. well, "yes, i think everything should have a linear narrative, a Christian moral, beautiful, non-threatening, and something an illiterate can understand.... and something about the flag." right? heh. kids?

ever hear "the path IS the goal"? probably not.

Tonight a 76.65! the new ending is brilliant, the new breakout scatter/run to the corner is superbly effective. at the same time, sure, lines aren't clean, the big rotations and interleaved circles are so hard / not clean, but <we know they can be done>, and indeed these BA's know their work is really difficult. the energy inside the corps is *very* positive. the admin is very supportive.

BAC has improved every show. the Ft. Wayne show revealed a temporal tightness i was hoping for. the show itself is dark, difficult, somber, satirical, abundantly creative, and rewarding. it does not play on easy crowd-pleasing marks such as USA, veterans, religion, freedom, or the "american dream". neither did Merce Cunningham or Charles Ives. BAC took the harder course and took a lot of flak at the start, but still is thanks to some of you quickly-aging folks who are experiencing hardening of the corollaries. thank god the members (you call them KIDS but more than 1/2 are legally ready to fire a weapon in the military --- but chose music)... ... as i was saying, thank god the members don't read these forums and read such old men's armchair sputterings.

• Like 3

I'm stunned with the Bluecoats guard scores. As in like- I know there was a Bluecoats win over BD mid season 2007... But I don't think the topped them in guard. Has this EVER happened in the history of DCI?

coincidence that the guard was in orange that year as well?

didn't get to watch the OC corps yet.

Surf...musically cool...concept really needs to be fleshed out

Boston...um....i need to see it more

Spirit....loved the first half. percussion writers need to discover an eraser

Bloo....loved it

BD...musically the most I have liked them since 2006. visually, some cool moments, but that guard attire....well, I don't watch Fellini for a reason

Ok, so, I applaud Surf for trying out something different. I'm sure in their design meetings they imagined the show turning out much differently (read: more successful), but, it's just not working. Maybe the thoughts of Pioneer passing them this season might come true after all, and that's not a rub on either corps- it's a design thing.

p.s.- the drum major plume at the end looks like a duster my mom used when I was growing up.

i'm told changes are coming

ROFL.... you freak! Don't know how better to put you. wow. well, "yes, i think everything should have a linear narrative, a Christian moral, beautiful, non-threatening, and something an illiterate can understand.... and something about the flag." right? heh. kids?

ever hear "the path IS the goal"? probably not.

Tonight a 76.65! the new ending is brilliant, the new breakout scatter/run to the corner is superbly effective. at the same time, sure, lines aren't clean, the big rotations and interleaved circles are so hard / not clean, but <we know they can be done>, and indeed these BA's know their work is really difficult. the energy inside the corps is *very* positive. the admin is very supportive.

BAC has improved every show. the Ft. Wayne show revealed a temporal tightness i was hoping for. the show itself is dark, difficult, somber, satirical, abundantly creative, and rewarding. it does not play on easy crowd-pleasing marks such as USA, veterans, religion, freedom, or the "american dream". neither did Merce Cunningham or Charles Ives. BAC took the harder course and took a lot of flak at the start, but still is thanks to some of you quickly-aging folks who are experiencing hardening of the corollaries. thank god the members (you call them KIDS but more than 1/2 are legally ready to fire a weapon in the military --- but chose music)... ... as i was saying, thank god the members don't read these forums and read such old men's armchair sputterings.

Right now you're at a 9, I'd take it down to about a 5 or a 6.

Really digging Boston's show, but it terms of content and theme they're not breaking any new ground. No more than the Cadets are.

• Like 4