Fort Wayne Formication - 7/8/14

Just got a chance to catch the fan network on-demand for the show and at the end of Bluecoats, the last guard girl appears to miss the "jump" from the triangle prop and instead of leaping airborne before coming down, she immediately slips downward......and it doesn't look like she was caught in time to avoid hitting the ground. Does anyone know if that's the case? Is she OK?

Just got a chance to catch the fan network on-demand for the show and at the end of Bluecoats, the last guard girl appears to miss the "jump" from the triangle prop and instead of leaping airborne before coming down, she immediately slips downward......and it doesn't look like she was caught in time to avoid hitting the ground. Does anyone know if that's the case? Is she OK?

Holy Crap, WHAT?? I gotta check this out.

I keep playing it over and over again. It LOOKS like maybe one or two of them got their hands on her JUST before the impact...but it doesn't look like it was enough to slow the descent.

You can tell they were expecting her to be in the air for longer, but she slips on the run up to the top and goes straight down.

I saw that as well. I'm hoping the members in back managed to keep her head and shoulders from hitting the ground too hard. Didn't look like anyone was running over there or milling about her after the fact, so hopefully she's ok.

Edited by Spandy

You can tell they were expecting her to be in the air for longer, but she slips on the run up to the top and goes straight down.

I hope she's ok.

Just got a chance to catch the fan network on-demand for the show and at the end of Bluecoats, the last guard girl appears to miss the "jump" from the triangle prop and instead of leaping airborne before coming down, she immediately slips downward... and it doesn't look like she was caught in time to avoid hitting the ground. Does anyone know if that's the case? Is she OK?

From the stands, she seemed to be OK afterwards, but obviously I only know what I could see.

Incidentally, I was sitting next to an intern with the Bluecoats, who said they were being extra careful about safety this year. Perhaps some non-skid material should be added to the bottom of their shoes or that point on the ramps.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

I watched the show on the Fan Network , and the announcer ( who appeared to be pacing around in the pit area ) seemed to be SCREAMING to generate some level of excitement , same loud level for every corps.

I don't think it was him but their volume knob. Pretty sure that was Brad Bell, who's always sounded fine before to me.

From the stands, she seemed to be OK afterwards, but obviously I only know what I could see.

Incidentally, I was sitting next to an intern with the Bluecoats, who said they were being extra careful about safety this year. Perhaps some non-skid material should be added to the bottom of their shoes or that point on the ramps.

Oh certainly, I would expect so. This looked like a total freak accident. It looks like her footing just wasn't quite where she wanted it to be and thus she didn't spring upwards. So the corps members below her, expecting to have a moment to catch her, instead were caught totally by surprise when she came crashing downward.

Oh certainly, I would expect so. This looked like a total freak accident. It looks like her footing just wasn't quite where she wanted it to be and thus she didn't spring upwards. So the corps members below her, expecting to have a moment to catch her, instead were caught totally by surprise when she came crashing downward.

Same thing happen at Boston show but it was near the middle of their show a person fell off the prop missing the rife.