Vanguard Yell 2014

I think I recall hearing something about SCV no longer encouraging/wanting the yell in their shows anymore, thus not writing those moments into the shows. I could be wrong though, but I remember people desperately trying to insert it into the 2011 show (myself included), and that might of been when that discussion came out?

Edited by loopin' froot loops

I think the 04 yell was timed amazingly. It had a nice run but is it really needed? Love SCV but if they don't want it I would respect their wishes.

My fondest SCV CD memory is 96's "Spank ME!" . . . . "shut up"

I don't think that was Vanguard, but maybe Madison in their "part dos" show from that year?

I don't think that was Vanguard, but maybe Madison in their "part dos" show from that year?

I think you are right . . . the more I thought about it the more it seemed to be Madison's show.

I'll have to dig up my CD. Haven't heard 96 in ages.

To actually contribute to this thread:

There's a video on youtube at the RCC show from this year where exactly ONE guy yelled "Vanguard" at seemingly a decent moment in the show.

Perhaps it will gather steam? :poke::laugh:

Edited by tylercrawford

The most memorable "Vanguard!" yell I can remember was at Allentown in 2012, right at the company front... unfortunately, it was the Cadets' company front. :ninja:

• Like 1

I think I recall hearing something about SCV no longer encouraging/wanting the yell in their shows anymore, thus not writing those moments into the shows. I could be wrong though, but I remember people desperately trying to insert it into the 2011 show (myself included), and that might of been when that discussion came out?

They, SCV, were encouring it last year on twitter, they were telling you exactly when. Ask them now @scvanguard

I didnt think they were saying never again, just that some years it may not fit and shouldn't be forced in those years.

• Like 2

I didnt think they were saying never again, just that some years it may not fit and shouldn't be forced in those years.

Ah, yeah that sounds more right now that I think about it.