San Antonio Regional

Among others, Pink Floyd (quotes from "Dark Side"), Radiohead (quotes from "Creep"), and William Shakespeare (Richard III). Who assembled it: not sure, but IIRC, Sully brought the guy who consulted with Cadets on their narration this year in to work on this show as well, so probably him.

Edit - it's so depressing.

Edited by Lincoln

This is the first time I've seen or heard this show.

I have to say that I like it. A lot.

I'm not usually a fan of these talker, talking, while the corps provides back up music...ala Cadets...but this one works for me. It's an interesting take on Oz and the Pink Floyd music fits.

Agree.

See, and to my mind, if you're going to do a show that uses a lot of voiceover/character work, you have to put on your big kid pants and go all the way with it (which Colts do).

Blue Knights use a lot of voiceover too, but don't go big the same way. They're playing it safer, but it's less convincing, as a result.

All IMHO, of course.

Disagree completely. I think BK's use of voice this year strikes the perfect balance. My favorite show of the year.

• Like 1

Looking forward to the addition of a narrator category at the individual and ensemble championship. Maybe even a spin on the drumline battles, "Narrator Battle, Colts vrs Cadets."

Edited by mrk
  • Like 1

See, and to my mind, if you're going to do a show that uses a lot of voiceover/character work, you have to put on your big kid pants and go all the way with it (which Colts do).

Blue Knights use a lot of voiceover too, but don't go big the same way. They're playing it safer, but it's less convincing, as a result.

All IMHO, of course.

and In my opinion, too much is forcing the viewer how to feel, whereas if you use less, the viewer is free to input his own thoughts and experiences into interpreting the show.

• Like 1

and In my opinion, too much is forcing the viewer how to feel, whereas if you use less, the viewer is free to input his own thoughts and experiences into interpreting the show.

Really?

Go find Spielberg and John Williams and tell them they've been f---ing up all these years. :cool: