Fan Reactions to Bluecoats "Pitch Bend" Ending 2014

Since some are getting bent out of shape about the bend not being performed live, how about this... Since all brass instruments are now legal (including trombones), why not add a full slide to all conventional instruments, like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpigL8sv8bI.

The slide+valve trumpet has obviously already been invented, but it is not common at this point. Same with the valve+slide trombone. I would like to see DCI continue the "evolution" of brass instruments OTHER THAN gradually becoming marching band with standard band instruments. I'd be excited to see something new like this, in terms of instrumentation. But devolving into marching band with mics, electronics and standard band instruments is basically going back to the better high school marching bands I remember from around the early 90s.

But I digress... With slide horns, corps could play things like the bend live, albeit not as perfectly as the synth. (And if you consider that a challenge, then so be it.)

Off topic, I know, but how cool would it be for a group to do a raga (probably for a percussion feature), and to have a soloist on that thing?

clearly you missed my point so we’ll try again

I have been writing and recording with electronics since before you were even born. It is my familiarity with the medium and the pitch blend that makes this thing less effective for me.

It is a good effect and they do it well but it’s just a pitch blend

Perhaps the next time you’re at Best Buy you should stroll to the synth sections and touch, feel, listen to the ‘magic’ of the pitch blend

con·text
ˈkänˌtekst
noun
noun: context; plural noun: contexts
  1. the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood and assessed.

Bump. Because, pitch bend.

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan of the pitch bend. Not my cup of tea.

D. Mark Newman@dmarknewman 44m

Bluecoats just bent a note until it broke. Everyone. Most amazing thing I've witnessed in ages.

Don't mess with the pitch bend. It has been known to break arrows...oh, never mind.

• Like 1

You clearly need some more Pitch Blend Propaganda.

I sentence you to re-education. 20 more pages of this pitch blend forum.

... as soon as we finish writing them.

• Like 1

Don't mess with the pitch bend. It has been known to break arrows...oh, never mind.

I'm speechless.

You clearly need some more Pitch Blend Propaganda.

I sentence you to re-education. 20 more pages of this pitch blend forum.

... as soon as we finish writing them.

I'll probably be here for a while, once an overzealous Bloo-backer comes and calls me names

• Like 1