Fan Reactions to Bluecoats "Pitch Bend" Ending 2014

I would have loved to see them do it as portamento as well, but that's a very advanced skill that they'd have had to have been working on since Day One. It's unfortunate that the idea of the bend, according to the corps, wasn't added until late in the winter program. At that point, sequencing was the only way to go.

If they had done it for real, it likely would have meant at least a tenth or two on the brass, music analysis and effect sheets.

It's an unrealistic expectation even if they had started it from the get-go. You'd never get it loud enough, and the way brass instruments work it would be far too easy to flub. 80 professionals would never make it happen night to night.

There are 101 different reasons I LOVE this years Bluecoats show. The show was 12 minutes of fantastic performance, but all we hear about is those 20 seconds. I hate that it's eclipsing the discussion about the rest of this terrific show.

• 2 weeks later...

Added Massillon, OH reaction.

• Like 1

The reaction for this show, from my recollection, is vastly different than their other top three finish in 2010. Perhaps it's a personal thing, as I didn't care for the 2010 show that much, but I recall that the 2010 reaction was a pretty typical Bloo reaction. The "pitch bending" aside, the 2014 show was tremendous in many other areas: great source material, great visual concept. And an effective use of some pretty obscure source material.

I hope they don't mimic the trajectory after 2010 - seventh in 2011.

The reaction for this show, from my recollection, is vastly different than their other top three finish in 2010. Perhaps it's a personal thing, as I didn't care for the 2010 show that much, but I recall that the 2010 reaction was a pretty typical Bloo reaction. The "pitch bending" aside, the 2014 show was tremendous in many other areas: great source material, great visual concept. And an effective use of some pretty obscure source material.

I wouldn't mind. 2011 was pretty entertaining and 7th is still pretty #### good. As long as they continue to bring in the talent that they would if they were in the top 3 (I doubt there's much difference in the talent levels between the 3rd place corps and 7th place corps). At the end, the entertainment factor matters the most.

2011 gave us "Creep". If 2015 produces something as iconic, I'll take another!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Adding new finals reaction