If you had to pick a side . . . to sit on.

I consider myself a pretty visual guy, and I'm partial to sitting on the right while watching dci, but on the left while watching wgi. Not sure of that helped at all though lol.

Well, generally the front side seats are better than those in the end zone.

No way. That endzone camera view on the Fan Network for the Denver show was amazing.

[/end sarcasm]

The left side seems to see more high brass if that's what you're going for. Solos tend to happen on the right, however.

I just attended a show with a similar lineup and the left side was a great experience. A lot of the Bluecoats stuff was on the left side, plus the field was "tilted" towards us. A bunch of percussion features were right in front of us. Bones's opener started with the high brass right in our face. Crown also has a bunch of nice trumpet playing on that side towards the beginning of the show.

This is just my $.02...I would say stay at home and save your money. I viewed the San Antonio regional on Fan Network and I was so bored out of my mind. So bored that I will not lose any sleep knowing that was the only DCI show I will see this summer. I dont think I could sit through a live show after what I saw in San Antonio. There is no drum corps moments in any show that I saw.

Again, just my opinion.

This is just my $.02...I would say stay at home and save your money. I viewed the San Antonio regional on Fan Network and I was so bored out of my mind. So bored that I will not lose any sleep knowing that was the only DCI show I will see this summer. I dont think I could sit through a live show after what I saw in San Antonio. There is no drum corps moments in any show that I saw.

Again, just my opinion.

That was just rude.

• Like 1

This is just my $.02: I would say stay at home and save your money. I viewed the San Antonio regional on Fan Network, and I was so bored out of my mind. So bored that I will not lose any sleep knowing that was the only DCI show I will see this summer. I dont think I could sit through a live show after what I saw in San Antonio. There are no drum corps moments in any show that I saw.

Again, just my opinion.

Whereas I already saw two of the corps live who will be in Massillon (Bluecoats and Boston Crusaders), an experience which, combined with what I've seen of the other five corps on the Fan Network, is the reason that I feel comfortable buying tickets for, let's see ... 15 of my family and friends to see this show.

But as I am always interested in other points of view, I would love to know what are a few of your favorite shows from years past and what they had that the best shows this year don't.

Again, just my opinion.

Go to a show and you would change your mind. The cast is great but doesn't even come close to comparing to live, and you should know that.

As to which side to sit on- I don't think it matters much as long as you are as close to the 50 as possible.

• Like 1

Last year I took a bunch of people new to drum corps to the Massillon show. They loved it. We had great seats, too, high and just off the 50-yard line.

This year my schedule was in flux, so that only yesterday was I sure I could make the show. I put out an offer to friends, family, and coworkers, either new to drum corps or a decade or more since they last saw the show. They have responded, I have a group to join me, even bigger than last year, but despite the ticket price being higher this year (Massillon being a T.o.C. show this year), my delay means the seats between the 40s are gone (except low down, and I want my guests to enjoy the drill as well as the sound). I have to pick a side, and this got me wondering:

If you're not in the middle, are you more often on one side than the other?

Are there particular shows, in the past or this year, that are better seen from one location vs. another? This year, for instance, is it better to be on the left for Crown's muffler feature or Boston's flugel soloist? (The corps at Massillon, which is two weeks from last night, are Boston, Xmen, Phantom, Cadets, Crown, SCV, and Bluecoats, but there's no need to restrict answers to this lineup or even this year.)

How is the amplification this year? (Yes, I did attend Ft. Wayne, but everything was soft compared to the announcer over the loudspeaker behind me.) And is there a location where you don't want to sit if you prefer brass to synthesizer? From time to time in the past five years, I've found myself blasted by goo. Are the speakers typically aimed straight up from the 40s, in which case would it be better to move out to the 35s? Or vice versa?

Boston has many different balance designs going on all over the field (movement / sound). ( They use the field unobstructed ). If props are your thing the others tend to focus thing in the middle of the field with the props spread out. The lower you go the more washed out the sound is in some cases. I would think 40y 35y would be fine. you can also check Youtube for your favor corp and sit accordingly.