Field Boundaries

No. Do I need to in order to have the opinion that tossing equipment off the field isn't a bad thing? I would certainly hope not.

There's that change in attitude again. I don't see why questioning the current rules gets this kind of answer.

There's that change in attitude again. I don't see why questioning the current rules gets this kind of answer.

Now I'm confused. Are you talking about me questioning the current rules or you questioning the current rules?

On 2nd look, I think I understand why you seem so... infuriated? Is it because I agreed with skevinp who posted a very sarcastic remark in reply to your post? If so, I was more agreeing with the gist of skevin's post rather than directing the same sarcasm towards you. No need to feel personally attacked, that wasn't my intention at all.

Edited by Cappybara

I hope we didn't run Lincoln off. He is like the nicest guy on DCP.

Nope. I'm in a hospital parking lot picking up a friend from an MRI appointment. It's a challenge to use Windows Phone to access the forum so I usually just read posts. It's easier to reply from home.

Oh what sad times are these when passing crownians can throw Frisbees at will without repercussions. There is a pestilence upon this land. Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this period in history.

Oh what sad times are these when running Crusaders can throw dust at will without repercussions--er, what? One-point penalty?!

I take Lincoln's point not to be that Crown should be penalized for their Frisbees, but that, unless the rules have changed since SCV was penalized in 2000, they will be penalized--and wouldn't that be a shame? Now Kamarag says that rule has been changed, so no problem. But Boston's example last year shows that big mistakes along these lines can happen.

• Like 1

Oh what sad times are these when running Crusaders can throw dust at will without repercussions--er, what? One-point penalty?!

I take Lincoln's point not to be that Crown should be penalized for their Frisbees, but that, unless the rules have changed since SCV was penalized in 2000, they will be penalized--and wouldn't that be a shame? Now Kamarag says that rule has been changed, so no problem. But Boston's example last year shows that big mistakes along these lines can happen.

I seem to be out of touch with what the rules are now. I'm also not willing to spend money on obtaining them - I actually think the rule book should be available for free to all who want to understand the activity better.

Maybe it's because it's the most controversial rule changes that get all the attention. Anything else gets implemented without any discussion beyond the people who discuss/vote/implement the rules.

I'm wondering how long the column for penalties will remain on the recaps.

Kamarag just spoke to the front boundary, but I thought the Frisbees went to the back. And if there is a boundary in back as in the front, even if the boundary is beyond the edge of the field they could still go rolling outside it.

Maybe they should attach an invisible fishing line to the center so they can only go so far.

Kamarag just spoke to the front boundary, but I thought the Frisbees went to the back. And if there is a boundary in back as in the front, even if the boundary is beyond the edge of the field they could still go rolling outside it.

Maybe they should attach an invisible fishing line to the center so they can only go so far.

Suffice to say, it looks like the rule has changed. I know, it's 14 years since the last time I remember anyone having a penalty for equipment going off field.

Cavaliers Baseball 2005. No penalty.