Field Boundaries

I'd like to know where I can find a copy of current DCI rules and regulations. Does anyone have that info?

5.9 pt penalty? Do you know what it was about?

undertime

Oh what sad times are these when running Crusaders can throw dust at will without repercussions--er, what? One-point penalty?!

I take Lincoln's point not to be that Crown should be penalized for their Frisbees, but that, unless the rules have changed since SCV was penalized in 2000, they will be penalized--and wouldn't that be a shame? Now Kamarag says that rule has been changed, so no problem. But Boston's example last year shows that big mistakes along these lines can happen.

Frisbees are legal because they don't leave a residue on the playing surface like happened to Boston last year

I'd like to know where I can find a copy of current DCI rules and regulations. Does anyone have that info?

yeah can contact DCI and be prepared to pay for a copy

yeah can contact DCI and be prepared to pay for a copy

You'd think they'd have it on their website somewhere, with a downloadable .pdf file.

It can't be that large of a rule book.

You'd think they'd have it on their website somewhere, with a downloadable .pdf file.

It can't be that large of a rule book.

you'd think, but they do what they do

Frisbees are legal because they don't leave a residue on the playing surface like happened to Boston last year

Well, sure, but it wasn't the residue rule that cost SCV a penalty in 2000, it was a rifle leaving the performance area. The whole point (or almost the whole point) of this discussion was whether Frisbees could bring Crown the same problem.

However, Kamarag and others have stated that rule has changed, so Crown should be fine.

I think this could be an interesting tidbit for the announcers to mention in the "Big Loud and Live" cinema-cast. "Some of you may remember this moving performance from 2000" [show clip of SCV's "Adagio" and rifle being chucked to track] "but did you know that it cost Vanguard a one-point penalty? However, the rule was changed in [insert year--does anyone here know, by the way?] and that won't be a problem for Carolina Crown this year."

There are two reasons the front boundary exists:

1. Safety of the performers, so they don't end up tangling with things like track and field pits or recording equipment.

2. Safety of the audience, because no one wants to end up taking a rifle to the face.

• Like 1

I like DCI music and the cool shows.