Official Atlanta/Southeastern Regional running thread

That shamrock looked like...........

Wait, I have to keep this at least PG-13 today.

It's niice to see Pioneer with a full drum line. I can remember when their battery was only snares and bass; no tenors.

Clearly the kids are having fun. And I guess that means something. I really wish they would just compete in Open Class though, I think they would have a larger draw to their membership and a chance to build the program ala the 90's again. But it's not my choice.

Not a fan of the 11 member panels at the Regionals now.

Do we really need 4 GE judges when the visual and music ends are now combined? Everyone is supposedly focused on the same content, so why the need for 4 people judging the same exact criteria?

It would be one thing if they were located in different places and not right next to one another. But.....

As I recall, the corps directors wanted this because GE is heavily weighted in the final score, and without this, one GE judge could unduly influence the results. Add that to the increased subjectivity and room for differences of opinion, and the feeling was that a wider range of "expert" opinion, averaged together, was fairer to all.

Next on the field is Jersey Surf from Camden County, New Jersey. Their 2014 program is entitled "Pay It Forward" and consists of:

Appalachian Spring by Copland, Aaron

I Think It's Gonna Rain Today by Newman, Randy

Lean on Me by Withers, Bill

I enjoyed this show live. Let's see how they've improved since La Crosse.

How Come Nobody Understands me?

As I recall, the corps directors wanted this because GE is heavily weighted in the final score, and without this, one GE judge could unduly influence the results. Add that to the increased subjectivity and room for differences of opinion, and the feeling was that a wider range of "expert" opinion, averaged together, was fairer to all.

I can understand this.

That guard member's dark blue dress would make a great uniform for the Cadets Lincoln portion of their show.