Official Atlanta/Southeastern Regional running thread

Their brass really is unbelievably amazing ... are we sure it isn't a recording?

You know I was just wondering how hard it would be for a corps to hide a recording underneath themselves. So we're actually hearing two corps, not just one. Or something more subtle like some supplementary volume of the exact same chord using synth brass out of the speakers. I don't know if that would be cheating, but if done right it could certainly have a huge effect on the brass and music scores.

...and I feel inspired to go do something good too. CROWN. They need a Crown to Crown here honestly.

If we could combine the proficiency of Crown's brass, with SCV's show and BD's insane cleanliness, I would be in heaven.

Whoa...that whole last minute of drill is a mess

Love it!

Not only did they kick up the tempo on Vitae Aeternum, they also totally redid the drill. Very kaleidoscopic, almost Steve Brubaker like.

I'm sorry, this is the best brassline of the year by far!

Yep ... they're insane. They get better and better every year.

You know I was just wondering how hard it would be for a corps to hide a recording underneath themselves. So we're actually hearing two corps, not just one. Or something more subtle like some supplementary volume of the exact same chord using synth brass out of the speakers. I don't know if that would be cheating, but if done right it could certainly have a huge effect on the brass and music scores.

Aren't Bluecoats technically doing this at the end?

• Like 1

Oh I can assure all of you, I went to an "unplugged" (meaning no electronics) rehearsal that crown had a couple weeks ago and there's nothing like that happening. This hornline is the real deal.