Allentown. . . DAY TWO !

There was a comment out here about how Crown tied with Madison in Brass. Another person responded by saying something snide, like "so, the judges agree with all of us who thought Crown was "off" tonight"...What an insulting remark. And whoever made that remark obviously isn't very informed. I'm so sick and tired of Madison being overlooked and slammed this season. Their brass line is amazing. Go Madison. I hope your members are not listening to all of these negative remarks. And everyone is slamming their show design this season. Well...the members should not be penalized by all this negativity because of show design. If you ask me, there are a number of corps in higher standing whose shows have much worse show design. I hope Scouts turn it up in Indianapolis and prove all of you negative people wrong. And by the way...I understand that something went wrong at the end of their show last night in Allentown...I'm not sure what. But if it hadn't been for some mistake, they would have probably scored a lot higher.

Don't let comments on here bother you. DCP is made up of hidden homers, overt homers, haters and a few people that actually have very great unbiased critiques which is what u search for. (It ain't easy!)..

Incoming fire 3, 2, 1.....

Edited by theCHEZman

It's not hard to repeat something you've worked on with the exact same inflections and pacing. Everyone else on the field is doing the same thing (trying to replicate the "right" performance).

I've seen it live when his mic wasn't working, and you can still hear him on the stage, voicing the lines in the exact cadence used when the mic is hot. He's not lip syncing.

I can assure you with 100% accuracy that what you hear is the sampler. He is not actually amplified. When you heard his "mic" not working it was actually the sampler not working. He may perform it live but it is not amplified and comes from the sampler.

No, it is not. Seriously, stop perpetuating this lie. You're doing a disservice to the performer and his corps.

It isn't a lie. Everything is sampled and his microphone is not real. It's his voice, and he performs it, but what comes through the speakers is from the sampler. I assure that my intention is not to do a disservice the performer and his corps. I merely stating a fact of the performance based on what was told to me from a first hand source and experience that I had when visiting a rehearsal. The narration is coming through the sampler.

There was a comment out here about how Crown tied with Madison in Brass. Another person responded by saying something snide, like "so, the judges agree with all of us who thought Crown was "off" tonight"...What an insulting remark. And whoever made that remark obviously isn't very informed. I'm so sick and tired of Madison being overlooked and slammed this season. Their brass line is amazing. Go Madison. I hope your members are not listening to all of these negative remarks. And everyone is slamming their show design this season. Well...the members should not be penalized by all this negativity because of show design. If you ask me, there are a number of corps in higher standing whose shows have much worse show design. I hope Scouts turn it up in Indianapolis and prove all of you negative people wrong. And by the way...I understand that something went wrong at the end of their show last night in Allentown...I'm not sure what. But if it hadn't been for some mistake, they would have probably scored a lot higher.

I doubt it was meant to be insulting. It was an honest observation. Crown sounded off on the recording and their score reflected it. Besides, it IS a big deal when a brass monster like Crown scores the same achievement brass score as a 10th place corps that hasn't been competitive in the brass caption in recent memory. You might find it insulting, but it is the hard truth.

I can assure you with 100% accuracy that what you hear is the sampler. He is not actually amplified. When you heard his "mic" not working it was actually the sampler not working. He may perform it live but it is not amplified and comes from the sampler.

Charlie, seriously, stop it. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. AT ALL.

I've seen them rehearse live. I've seen them perform live. I've seen them on the FN, and I am a *trained* audio engineer. We've had multiple people in the know tell you you are wrong. So for the love of all that's holy, stop perpetuating a lie. Cadets stopped messing around (and that's all it was...messing around) with sequenced voice-over in early June. He's been live ever since. Every. ####. Show.

• Like 2

It isn't a lie. Everything is sampled and his microphone is not real. It's his voice, and he performs it, but what comes through the speakers is from the sampler. I assure that my intention is not to do a disservice the performer and his corps. I merely stating a fact of the performance based on what was told to me from a first hand source and experience that I had when visiting a rehearsal. The narration is coming through the sampler.

You're ridiculous. Give up. There have been multiple people on here who have been to their rehearsals who have seen first hand that it is live. You're doing a disservice to that talented man by accusing him of lip syncing.

• Like 1

Go away already. What a negative Nellie.

• Like 1

You are 100% wrong. I saw it during rehearsal, and he made adjustments during each rep. The instructors told him to make adjustments. So, for you to say it is not live, you are basically calling the Cadets and their instructors liars for running a huge sham. He speaks live, and it is his live voice that you hear on the speakers.

• Like 1

To everyone :),

What I said does NOT take away from the Cadets amazing performance or the Narrators engaging professional performance. And I think all the comments attacking me here prove what a great job this young man is doing! I give him the utmost respect for his ability to engage the audience through his demeanor and presence. Please continue to enjoy his performance even if you believe that it is his live voice amplified (which it is not). And I don't say this begrudgingly or out of ignorance. And I am really shocked about how defensive everyone seems to be about this....

Edited by charlie1223