Good Places To Eat In Indy! 2014 Edition

OK, come on... St Elmo's steak is slightly above average and decently priced.

But yeah... not exactly a culinary mecca. I'm usually just hitting Panera Bread in the mornings and then accepting that other meals will be "Applebees plus" or bar food.

I have yet to find a decent cup of coffee in Indianapolis, though. I have broken my own rule and resorted to Starbuck in past years.

We're making our way up the "food chain"

Bee Coffee Roasters just opened up on the corner of Capitol and Georgia Streets.

• Like 1

I live in San Diego. The hell I'm ordering seafood at any restaurant in Indy. :tounge2:

White Castle is horrendous. They market to stoners because (IMO) you'd have to be high as ---- to eat that garbage.

Now I like a good, sit-down meal as much as the next guy, but whenever I'm back in the Midwest I can't pass up the glory of Steak 'n Shake. I must have had a meal there every day on my last trip to Indy. Planning on doing so again when I get into town starting Thursday night.

• Like 1

Steak 'n Shake: When we stayed downtown in Indy, we'd stop by there on the way back to the hotel -- along with 100s of other Drum Corps members and parents since it was one of the few places open late after Finals. Long wait to get in, but the kids liked mingling with the other Corps. Always lots of congrats to the Championship members we'd see there.

Steak 'N Shake actually has an OK breakfast (the usuals, eggs/meat, pancakes, etc.) for a decent price; Shula's Steak House (was expensive, but one of the best steaks I've ever had) and believe it or not, Hooter's for their hot wings and "ambience" :ninja:. Weber Grill was also good, and you can't go wrong with Panera Bread if you're looking for a quick bite. Sometimes we will get Panera Bread, put it in the fridge in the hotel room, and have it after the show...no lines!

Ram's brewery near Lucas oil... you can take draft beer in bottles right out of the brewery back to your hotel room.

Oh yeah the food is good too.

Edited by luv4corps

I live in San Diego. The hell I'm ordering seafood at any restaurant in Indy. :tounge2:

White Castle is horrendous. They market to stoners because (IMO) you'd have to be high as ---- to eat that garbage.

Now I like a good, sit-down meal as much as the next guy, but whenever I'm back in the Midwest I can't pass up the glory of Steak 'n Shake. I must have had a meal there every day on my last trip to Indy. Planning on doing so again when I get into town starting Thursday night.

San Diego does have great Seafood! I have never been to a Steak and Shake in my life! Do they have Turkey Burgers? I don't eat red meat.

I have never been to a Steak and Shake in my life! Do they have Turkey Burgers? I don't eat red meat.

cm-32294-050ac8bcadab5c.gif

• Like 3

Steak n' Shake and the Cadets are 80 this year!Cadets_logo.jpgsteak-n-shake-logo.jpg

Edited by boxingfred

Ted's Montana Grill - 5910 W 86th St., #134 Traders Point

Order the bison filet, it's the best steak I've ever had. Period. Don't chicken-out and order beef instead - the bison is fabulous!

Their veggies and sides are superb too!