Who's Judging World Class in Indy?

Thank you. :-)

For the record. It isn't "top secret". The recaps are available to anyone. The data is available to anyone. It just takes a little work to record the results into a database where you can truly examine it. Anyone could do it. I wouldn't be surprised if some drum corps out there has people doing it.

For the record, I also scrape the recaps into a db each year to do this type of analysis. There's a lot of interesting stuff that falls out when you use the judge as a dimension.

Here's a fun one: calculate every permutation of the judges from the panels at regionals/TOC shows and assume that finals is going to be judged by one of those permutations. Based on each judge's last scores in their caption, what percentage of the potential panels would give the win to group A, and what percentage to group B?

In 2012, it was something like 95% BD/5% Crown

In 2013, it was around 55% BD/45% Crown

I haven't done 2014 yet, but I'd be surprised if there are any potential panels that would put Cadets over BD.

For the record, I also scrape the recaps into a db each year to do this type of analysis. There's a lot of interesting stuff that falls out when you use the judge as a dimension.

Here's a fun one: calculate every permutation of the judges from the panels at regionals/TOC shows and assume that finals is going to be judged by one of those permutations. Based on each judge's last scores in their caption, what percentage of the potential panels would give the win to group A, and what percentage to group B?

In 2012, it was something like 95% BD/5% Crown

In 2013, it was around 55% BD/45% Crown

I haven't done 2014 yet, but I'd be surprised if there are any potential panels that would put Cadets over BD.

That is interesting. Because I'm a Crossmen fan, my focus has been more on the corps that are fighting for the 12th spot and the rankings from 10th to, say 14th.

Looks like The best panel for Crown is Semi's. I see them getting hosed in Quarterfinals in GE.