Performers Showcase needs more performers

Disappointing in a way.

So few top 12 corps actually seem to participate in the what is now called Performers Showcase (originally individual and ensemble).

I mean, yeah, it's sponsored by System Blue this year, so yeah there's alot of participation by the blue devils, a smattering of Madison. But sadly the rest of the top 15 (?) seem to be missing. No phantom, no scv, no cavaliers.....

Woodwinds and vocal ensembles up the wazoo.

Yawn.

Disappointing in a way.

So few top 12 corps actually seem to participate in the what is now called Performers Showcase (originally individual and ensemble).

I mean, yeah, it's sponsored by System Blue this year, so yeah there's alot of participation by the blue devils, a smattering of Madison. But sadly the rest of the top 15 (?) seem to be missing. No phantom, no scv, no cavaliers.....

Yawn.

Well, how would you improve it?

Disappointing in a way.

So few top 12 corps actually seem to participate in the what is now called Performers Showcase............. a smattering of Madison.

Yawn.

I thought Madison actually had a fairly nice representation, more than a smattering. By my count it had @ 12% of the mm's participating. Not knowing recent participation levels, I still thought that to be decent. It probably is an event that has seen it's day, true; but if performers desire to showcase their talent as an individual or small ensemble, and the leadership has dedicated time for it, I think it's nice for the mm's & audience.

Disappointing in a way.

Yawn.

I think some might be a little busy and maybe prioritizing

Edited by GUARDLING

According to the score sheets, the breakdown of instrument competitions only (I did not count guard or vocal competitions), is as follows:

16 Blue Devils

10 Madison

7 Blue Devils B

6 Blue Knights

5 Colts Cadets

4 Troopers

4 Pioneer

4 Oregon Crusaders

4 Blue Saints

3 Legends

3 Jersey

3 Boston Crusaders

2 Spirit of Atlanta

2 Spartans

2 Racine

1 7th Regiment

0 Cadets

0 Bluecoats

0 Santa Clara Vanguard

0 Carolina Crown

0 Cavaliers

0 Phantom Regiment

0 Crossmen

0 Colts

0 Academy

0 Pacific Crest

0 Mandarins

0 Cascades

0 Vanguard Cadets

0 Genesis

0 Gold

0 Music City

0 Raiders

0 Coastal Surge

0 Les Stentors

PS - although I didn't count the Guard or Vocal competitions, none of the corps shown above with 0 performers competed in those areas either

Edited by Eleran

You have to understand that it's not easy for these kids to find time in the season to practice for the Performers Showcase. Free time is scant - during meal breaks, during EPL - and amidst 12-hour rehearsal days, playing MORE and relaxing LESS is probably the last thing most kids want. I'm impressed that there are as many Performers as there are each year. Truly, it takes copious diligence and dedication throughout the season to make today's annual event happen.

If only all corps allowed their kids to participate in this. It's sad to think that some directors would say no to kids that want another chance to perform!

I noticed that SCV had people last year, but not this year.

Other than the connection between System Blue and the BD, the BD performers only travel around 13 miles from their hotel to the site. Other interested corps might be too far away to justify the effort, cost, and time away from rehearsal.