What did CROSSMEN get a 1 pt penalty for in Semi finals?

Ignoring a warning order to move from a DCI official will do the trick.

Yes.... that would certainly qualify as blatant.

It must have been a pretty blatant violation of the warm-up area rules to warrant a penalty that almost kept them out of finals. I don't recall seeing this penalty pop up at a domed stadium where sound bleed is not an issue for the audience.

From what I have heard, it was not a sound issue, but an issue of being outside of the warm up area. Something like in the canal or state museum area.

From what I have heard, it was not a sound issue, but an issue of being outside of the warm up area. Something like in the canal or state museum area.

Sort of like hitting your golf ball out-of-bounds...and having to take the penalty even though your ball is twice as far away from the hole as it would have been with an in-bounds shot.

It was a dropped rifle in '78. They would have tied SCV for 1st.

I think that technically that was a penalty back then, but more like an automatic .1 tic than an avoidable choice of behavior.

In which case you could as easily 'blame' the loss on any other aspect of the show that could have been .1 better.

• Like 1

MY UNDERSTANDING, and of course I could be misinformed, is that a member of a particular corps took a picture of the xmen tenors warming up where they shouldn't be and presented it to the T&P judge. At that point, he has no other option but to write the penalty. Luckily for them, it did not cost them a placement or a finalist spot.

MY UNDERSTANDING, and of course I could be misinformed, is that a member of a particular corps took a picture of the xmen tenors warming up where they shouldn't be and presented it to the T&P judge. At that point, he has no other option but to write the penalty. Luckily for them, it did not cost them a placement or a finalist spot.

Let's say this scenario is true (which I'm not sure it is). First, a picture shows no action. The tenors could have maintained that they weren't actually "playing," but posing for "in action" pictures of their own. If the T&P judge didn't actually witness, in person, the infraction, I fail to see how he (or she) could rightfully access the penalty.

Now, a cell phone "video" would present a totally different picture (no pun intended). However, I still fail to believe that action would be taken based on a video unwitnessed by the judge. It would be much like a baseball coach showing a picture to an umpire which shows a base runner to have missed touching a base. I don't know of any umpire in the world who would immediately declare the runner out.

Edited by HornTeacher